1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

Bob Iger steps down as Disney CEO. Chapek takes over

Discussion in 'Movies' started by Kyrsten Brad, Feb 25, 2020.

1. Message #21 of 27 Feb 28, 2020
    Last edited: Feb 29, 2020
    Jake Lipson

Jake Lipson Lead Actor

Jake Lipson
    It's clearly a cost-saving measure. They only have to change one name on the office door. ;)

Greg.K and TravisR like this.
  2. Kyrsten Brad

Kyrsten Brad Cinematographer

Brad
    The Orlando Sentinel has an article on their site about the recent Disney shareholders meeting where Bob Iger & Bob Chapek we’re both questioned about some sensitive issues, including Song Of The South (1948) and the Disney parks.

Unfortunately the article is behind the OS paywall. If anyone can get to it, give us the lowdown (legally of course)

58E69D9B-5504-4A29-897E-D77E7E768C39.

3. roxy1927

roxy1927 Stunt Coordinator

vincent parisi
    Yes I heard that Paycheck shut down somebody asking about the possibility that Disney's woke agenda is hurting its profits. Would love to know the specifics.

4. Message #24 of 27 Mar 11, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 11, 2020
    Kyrsten Brad

Kyrsten Brad Cinematographer

Brad
    F7D72C33-06F7-49A8-AD3E-C3AF7EFED0A7. I’m giving serious consideration to buying a temporary subscription.

I did:

excerpt:

5. MatthewA

MatthewA Lead Actor

Matthew
    Not only did Iger say no, he also added about the withdrawal of the film: “That’s actually true with some of the other things that we’ve made as well." So that strongly suggests they're going to do it to more movies and TV shows as well.

Robert Iger needs to be fired from the company altogether, not just put in an emeritus position where he still can do damage. It's not just because of this ludicrous and condescending farce, but this is symptomatic of a larger problem. This company needs to be totally de-Eisnerized. I don't care if it takes another shareholder revolt. The arrogance on display here should not be rewarded with consumer dollars. They always drive out the wrong people. They drove out Ron Miller when they should have driven out Card Walker. Who knows how long Howard Ashman would have stuck around if he hadn't died. And they largely left the Sherman Brothers out of the studio's creative recovery except for nostalgia-related events.

6. Dan_Shane

Dan_Shane Stunt Coordinator

Dan Shane
    It ain't your father's Disney anymore, that's for sure. I'll never return to the Florida parks again now that everything is being Marvelized, especially at EPCOT. Lucasfilm and Marvel products have their place in the new Disney pantheon, but not ahead of properties that were imagined by Walt and his original team.

The recent execs claim to be forward looking, but in my opinion they're only looking forward to cashing in on their golden parachutes.

7. Sam Favate

Sam Favate Lead Actor

Sam Favate
    I don’t agree with holding back Song of the South either, but for crying out loud, Bob Iger has done more for the Disney company than anyone since Walt’s death. He leaves that company in immensely better shape than he found it.

Josh Steinberg likes this.