What's new

BMW films ARE on DVD (1 Viewer)

Stu Rosen

Second Unit
Just got my new issue of Vanity Fair in the mail, and it came shrink-wrapped with a DVD --it says it's a Vanity Fair Exclusive -- containing the BMW short films, including extras like the director commentaries and "making of" featurettes.
Fine print on the enclosure says "The Follow" is not available on DVD, and can be seen at the BMW website.
Haven't watched it yet, but it says it has Dolby Digital sound.

Richard Travale

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rich Travale
Sweet, Ill be picking up this issue .
------------------
Rich
"A) You can never go too far and B) If I'm going to get busted it is NOT going to be by a guy like DAT."
My Website
[Edited last by Richard Travale on September 08, 2001 at 01:01 PM]

Mark_Wilson

Screenwriter
This the October 2001 issue?
I went to THREE stores looking for it! Turns out its the Harry Potter collectable edition, no joke, and everyone is out. I found three copies at Target but no were shrinkwrapped...so no DVD. Must be a subscriber only thing.

Stu Rosen

Second Unit
I don't know if it's a subscription-only offer. Here's what the main page of the insert looks like:
Bmw1.jpg

Hope you can find a copy of your own.
$72 on Ebay. Sheesh.

Christopher D

Second Unit
The ones on Ebay seem to be different, as they have "The Follow" on them.
I wonder why that film is *not* on the Vanity Fair DVD? At any rate, I'll be watching my mailbox for this.
[Edited last by Christopher D on September 08, 2001 at 06:44 PM]

LARUE

Stunt Coordinator
I wonder if you subscribed via their 800 number this issue would be your first?
Hmmmm, might be worth a shot.

Christopher D

Second Unit
I vividly remember that when I subscribed or renewed it late I got a couple of "catch-up" issues -- your mileage may vary, but might be worth trying.

Andrew Walsh

Stunt Coordinator
It's ironic that the one film not on the DVD is the one pictured in the ad. Ah well. I'll wait until all of them are available, because they're all brilliant.
------------------
"I'd trade it all for a little more." - C. Montgomery Burns

GaryEA

Second Unit
I went looking for the issue and none of them were polywrapped with anything, much less a DVD.
I'm hoping that a wider retail DVD release might be on the horizon.
-g

Matt Wallace

Second Unit
Just to help some folks out... there isn't one packaged with the retail versions. It is indeed only subscriptions. I just our copies of the mag direct from the publisher/distributor, which come in a generic box, and no sign of one in over a dozen copies.
Here's to hoping that we can pick this one up later.. and cheap.
Knowing that I'd never pay for watching commercials.. except this time,
Matt
------------------
"And I say I'm dead, and I move"....

Fred Galpern

Agent
I subscribed today with the promise from the tele-dope that if others are receiving DVDs with the their subscriptions then I would too. I asked them to bill me so if no DVD shows up in my mailbox then no check will show up in theirs. It's worth a shot.
Has anybody stopped in at a local BMW dealer and asked about the DVD? Maybe they are giving it away with test drives or something? I'll try to check with one later today.

John Choi

Agent
I got my Vanity Fair with Harry Potter on the cover on Monday without a DVD. A few months ago, I did get the first two BMW shorts on DVD that was sent in an envelope courtesy of Talk Magazine. I'm hoping I'll get a similar mailing with the rest of the shorts.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks