What's new

BMW DVD - "The Follow" Conspiracy (1 Viewer)

Mark_Wilson

Screenwriter
PaulP, thats the one I've got. You can select The Follow but at the bottom of the description it says, "Contractual Obligations prevent us from including The Follow on DVD. Please visit BMWFilms.com to view this film." This is the second disc I received, I had ordered it on their web site.

Just checked the first one I received about 6 months ago, via the 800 number. It does inded include The Follow. You can watch it with or without the Commentary.

Something very interesting about the two, the one that DOES include 'The Follow' came in a jewel case. The one WITHOUT came in a cardboard carrier.

Cynthia

Stunt Coordinator
Something very interesting about the two, the one that DOES include 'The Follow' came in a jewel case. The one WITHOUT came in a cardboard carrier.
I have two. Both came from calling the 800 number. One is in a jewel case and the other is in a cardboard sleeve. Neither contained The Follow. :frowning:

PaulP

Senior HTF Member
That's strange, Mark, but it supports my theory that the jewel case discs are the 5-film versions. However, I have no idea why you would have a case that states that "The Follow" is presented in an extended version, and it's not on the disc - this 4-film version should not include that information on the back.

Ray Suarez

Stunt Coordinator
Mine came in a cardboard sleeve from the BMW website and it contains "The Follow". I don't think a definitive release pattern exists concerning the inclusion of this short film.

Ray

Rob FM

Second Unit
Real Name
R
Well, I called BMW in early Oct...waited till late Jan to e-mail them again...finally received it today (Mar.4)

As expected, did not include: The Follow.

Thanks for tipping me off to this fun little DVD, woulda never heard about it W/O you guys...

~Rob

EricW

Senior HTF Member
i seem to remember even before the 5-movie disc was being offered to the public via dealerships and the web, that there was a promo disc being given out to Vanity Fair subscribers. the thing was the advertisement of the promo said the disc ~wouldn't~ include The Follow. then reports from those disc owners seemed to be contrary - it did include The Follow. so this legal problem is not new... i'm just glad BMW did "rush" The Follow on the first batch of discs.

Joshua Moran

Supporting Actor
I got my copy this weekend from e-mailing the web master on the web site. It is in the cardboard case and says that it contains the follow but when you insert the disc and select the follow you get the message due to contratual aggreements we are unable to release the follow on DVD. I am a little dissapointed by this. But I really want this disc for Guy Ritchie's segment and thats what I got.

Mark-W

Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark
I got a copy off of eBay
that contains The Follow!
The auction ended Sunday, and the
guy got the DVD to me today.
I just popped it in my player,
and IT WAS THERE!
WHOO HOO!
Here is a link to the guy's other
auctions of the BMW Films DVD:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...tem=1522451445
I don't know if his other copies
contain The Follow, but
it would logically seem that they would!
(Also, since people are speculating, it
is in a jewel case.)
He has, I think, 4 copies on eBay RIGHT NOW!
(and one ends in 6 hours!)
Mark

Gui A

Supporting Actor
I ordered mine from the website on Nov 14, received it on Dec 19...

It came in a jewel case and it has The follow.

Mark-W

Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark
I e-mailed the guy who I got my copy off of,
who (just as a reminder) has the copies that
do include THE FOLLOW.
He is cool with me posting his contact
information in here, so...
Here is his e-mail address:
[email protected]
Mark

Scooter

Screenwriter
Real Name
Scooter
TA-FLIPPIN-DA!!!!!

The 2 I got in Allentown last friday...3/01/02..BOTH have The Follow on it...AND a contest card. Didn't read or hear anything about a contest before.

Anyhow..they came in cardboard sleeves and like I said..I just got them last week. So..if anyone lives around Allentown, Pa. you want to go to the dealer on Tigheman Street.

Good luck!

Kelly W

Second Unit
Well, I "followed" Mark's advice and bought a copy of the DVD from that guy (listed above) off eBay. It arrived today and it DOES contain The Follow. The guy was really nice and confirmed that DVD included all five films before I purchased it.
I am soooooooo happy!
I paid a bit more than most people (~$28 including shipping and insurance), but I didn't want to go through all the hassle of being outbid and losing the disc. I don't think that there are too many of these floating around, so I wanted to get it while I had the chance. Plus, I was willing to pay upwards of $50 to get this disc. Damn the completist in me. :)
Thanks Mark!
-Kelly

Mark-W

Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark
Glad to help, Kelly!
I know, I was thinking, what "false economy" if
I end up buying one for $12 to find it does not
have The Follow, and then buy it again
and again, and again.
And, just as an FYI: no, I don't get a referral cut
or anything. ;)
Mark

Michael Moulton

Stunt Coordinator
On Friday I dropped into our local dealer (Checkered Flag BMW in Virginia Beach, VA). The salesman I talked to could only find one copy (other salesmen probably have more), but it DID have the Follow.

I guess they didn't recall the ones that got out with the Follow, so check your dealerships!

Bill Crosthwait

Second Unit
I just got my "The Hire" DVD from my Local BMW Dealership. It has all five movies and the DVD is in a blue cardboard case. Anyone in the Baltimore area looking for the DVD go to the dealership Towson.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kandids222
Recent bookmarks