What's new

BlueJean Component cables (1 Viewer)

MikeMon

Stunt Coordinator
Im thinking about buying some of these:35 feet of Belden 1694A, does anyone have any advice or comments on if they are good or not? Also what size PVC pipe should I run in the ceiling for my cabling?

thnx
Mike

todbnla

Screenwriter
Real Name
Todd
I just bought some 45 ft from them, nice cables:emoji_thumbsup: Not sure what size pvc to tell you just remember that the ends will be a bit bigger diameter than the cable (s) itself, allow for this or you will have a problem. However, I can tell you this, if I hold all three cables in my hand, 1/2" would be ok but again remember to up size to allow for the ends. Oh yea, if you want to save a few bucks, they (B/J) sometimes sell their wares on ebay, same stuff, just a few $ less, got mine there. :D

MikeMon

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks Todd, I ended up getting them.... 95.30 shipped.

All I need now is a amp for my bass shakers and Im ready to finish out the room and paint.

:)

Parker Clack

Schizophrenic Man
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Parker
Mike:

I would go with a larger PVC than you will need now so that you have room to grow for the future. I would look at your cables held together in your hand and measure the diameter and then take this times 2. So if you have a bunch that is 1/2 is diameter then I would get a 1 inch pipe or bigger.

Blue Jeans Cable makes some great stuff. I have some of their standard RF cable and their DVI to HDMI cable and I really like the quality and the performance. The price is hard to beat too. I was looking at getting a monster DVI to HDMI at Best Buy and it was $140 for a 6 foot cable. I got the same thing at BJC for about $40 shipped.

Parker

MikeMon

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks parker, should I also take in to consideration of my future upgrade to hdmi? I guess I might run a 3 inch pipe, I hope that will work out for future upgrades.

:)

Bryce_H

Stunt Coordinator
I ran a 2" PVC pipe during construction. No problem for my 3 tributaries component cables. Pulled them through with some string that I sucked through the PVC with a vacumn. Also be sure to have as few angles as possible. The more angles the harder to pull. If you need to do angles, use the smallest angle you can and the more the PVC pipe sweeps (gentle curve) the better.

Travis_R

Stunt Coordinator
I also used a 2 inch PVC, it has only one 90 degree turn which is right at the box it goes into, other than that its a straight run, I wanted to go with a 3 incher but since I had to cut a hole in my steel I-Beam in the basement to get it throught I didnt want to go over 2 inches on the hole, that was probably the most nerve racking thing I have done on this house, as when cutting a load bearing Steel Beam you have to make the cut as fast as possible and then get that baby cooled down ASAP

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks