What's new

Blu Ray playyback software (1 Viewer)

Eric_L

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Eric
The marketplace for Blu ray software has many players and I am certain that they are not all on even footing. I recall when DVD was 'new' to PC it was the same way.

Some players are for burning, some are for playback of unlicensed content only, some are for data, etc. The differences can be overwhelming.

What software do you all recommend for enjoying commercial Blu Ray content? Not just the movie but the additional content as well. What about updates - are some providers better than others? What do you use and how has your experience been?

Please share your thoughts.

Parker Clack

Schizophrenic Man
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Parker
I am currently using Total Media Theater on my HTPC. I have a Blu-ray/HD DVD combo drive and it handles everything from both formats including BD Live.

Formats include:

• Video
    MPEG-1 (.M1V), MPEG-2 (.M2V, .TS, .TRP, .TP and etc.), MPEG-2 HD (.M2TS, .M2T, .MTS), MPEG-4 (.MP4, .DIV, .DIVX), WMV, WMV HD, DVR-MS, H.264 (.264, .26L, .H264, .AVC, .JSV, .JVT and etc.) , VC1, DV AVI, Real (.RM*, .RMVB, .RAM, .RV, .RA), QuickTime (.MOV, .QT), FLV, DivX AVI*, DivX HD, VOB, ASF, DAT, VRO,3GP, 3G2
    Note:
    i. RM (RealMedia with RealNetworks codec installed)
    ii. Divx AVIMKVMKV (with DivX codec installed)
  • Audio
    MP2, MP3, WAV, Ogg, AAC, WMA, MP3 CDs
  • Digital Camcorder
    Digital camcorder device, auto detection, and playback, from Canon, Sony, Panasonic, and JVC.
  • Decoding
    LPCM, Dolby Digital, Dolby®, TrueHD, Dolby Digital Plus, DTS Digital, DTS 96/24, DTS-ES, and DTS-HD Hi-Resolution, DTS-HD Master Audio, DTS Neo 6.
Updates are through the software and downloaded as they become available.

I highly recommend it.

Parker

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks