What's new

Bloodsport on DVD finally! (1 Viewer)

Brook K

Senior HTF Member
Guilty pleasure for me too.

If you can find it cheap or at a library I highly recommend you read Frank Dux's autobiography. Almost as enertaining as the film. He makes all sorts of wild conspiracy claims.

Jeff_M

Stunt Coordinator
Good call JasonKrol. I remember taping this movie off of TBS. I must have watched this movie a thousand times with my friends and we would always laugh our asses off when the young Frank Dux gets caught with the sword... "I wasn't trying to steal it". Other hilarious highlights include the ridiculously awful dubbing of Chong Li's voice ("Now I break you like I break your friend") and the Kumite song (wonderfully generic 80's rock complete with chorus of men chanting "Kumite! Kumite!"). I will definitely be picking this one up.

JasonKrol

Supporting Actor
heres an interesting fact (please, someone correct me if Im wrong). Bolo Yeung (sp?), if anyone remembers, was in Enter the Dragon (Bruce Lee, where he goes to that paradise island, etc). There is a scene where a guy punches or kicks a board and breaks it, trying to impress Bruce. Well, Bruce, as calm and cool as he always was, simply says "Good, but board not hit back" (and Bolo is standing in the background)

Then, in Bloodsport, when Van Damm does the Dim Mock, and breaks the "bottum one!", Bolo just smirks and says "Very good, but brick not hit back".

(man, ive really seen this movie way too many times!)

ohh yeah, I love that kimute song too. ... "Fight Fire with Fire!!" - hahaha awesome lyrics!

Gruson

Second Unit
This movie is a classic. I will be buying the DVD. I have seen this movie at least 100 times (not kidding). The score during the fighting scenes is great, as is the Kumite song.
Ogre is my favorite character in it :)

MikeEckman

Screenwriter
Has any confirmed if this is widescreen? Dvdfile and thedigitalbits have all posted the announcements that its coming, but no one has said if its widescreen or not. Anyone?

William Ward

Supporting Actor
OK..I can order it then.

The reason I said it wouldn't be widescreen is because the laserdisc was only available P&S. I figured no negatives were available to create a proper 16/9 transfer.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
prexhobby
Recent bookmarks