What's new

blockbuster or netflix? (1 Viewer)

Irina

Second Unit
Real Name
Irina
Definitely Netflix.com. It is the best DVD rental service available todate. I have been using Netflix for over a year and extremely happy with it. They provide very fast delivery that no other service (I tried both Blockbuster and WalMart) can even come close.

littlesturgeonguy

Auditioning
Real Name
jeremy
I am poed with netflix over the 28 day wait after the release date, not all movies but probably more than 50% that i have on my list. That and the fact that if you start getting alot of discs they start screwing you. Been thinking about switching to blockbuster because i would not have to deal with the 28 day wait. Plus they are a little cheaper. But with there financial debt i not sure if they are going to stay afloat.

nolesrule

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joe Kauffman
It's not Netflix's fault about the 28 days. They were essentially cornered into it by the studios, probably as a favor to Blockbuster.

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW
Hmmm... I thought the 28-day wait was just for BDs. Didn't realize it was for DVDs too.

Anyway, as someone who only rents some (mainly for BDs) to supplement my prefered choice to own, I prefer Blockbuster Online -- it's cheaper, especially for BD rentals, besides the lack of 28-day wait (and possibly better turnaround times for BDs?). I don't do the VOD/streaming thing though, which some NF customers like.

I'll deal w/ it if/when Blockbuster does go under...

_Man_

Corey3rd

Screenwriter
Real Name
Joe Corey
The 28 Day window is more to get people to "rent" the movie via their cable's OnDemand service. Higher profit margin when someone clicks it.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks