blockbuster or netflix?

Discussion in 'DVD' started by jeff garver, Feb 14, 2005.

1. jeff garver

jeff garver Auditioning

Which to join? netflix or blockbuster....Which has better service?

2. CraigL

CraigL Screenwriter

Umm...why is this in the regional DVD area?

3. Irina

Irina Second Unit

Definitely Netflix.com. It is the best DVD rental service available todate. I have been using Netflix for over a year and extremely happy with it. They provide very fast delivery that no other service (I tried both Blockbuster and WalMart) can even come close.

4. littlesturgeonguy

littlesturgeonguy Auditioning

I am poed with netflix over the 28 day wait after the release date, not all movies but probably more than 50% that i have on my list. That and the fact that if you start getting alot of discs they start screwing you. Been thinking about switching to blockbuster because i would not have to deal with the 28 day wait. Plus they are a little cheaper. But with there financial debt i not sure if they are going to stay afloat.

5. nolesrule

nolesrule Producer

Joe Kauffman
    It's not Netflix's fault about the 28 days. They were essentially cornered into it by the studios, probably as a favor to Blockbuster.

6. ManW_TheUncool

ManW_TheUncool Producer

ManW
    Hmmm... I thought the 28-day wait was just for BDs. Didn't realize it was for DVDs too.

Anyway, as someone who only rents some (mainly for BDs) to supplement my prefered choice to own, I prefer Blockbuster Online -- it's cheaper, especially for BD rentals, besides the lack of 28-day wait (and possibly better turnaround times for BDs?). I don't do the VOD/streaming thing though, which some NF customers like.

I'll deal w/ it if/when Blockbuster does go under...

_Man_

7. Corey3rd

Corey3rd Screenwriter

Joe Corey
    The 28 Day window is more to get people to "rent" the movie via their cable's OnDemand service. Higher profit margin when someone clicks it.