Blade: Trinity Unrated Version Glitch?

Discussion in 'DVD' started by Travis W., Apr 29, 2005.

1. Travis W.

Travis W. Second Unit

After watching the so called unrated cut of the film (i.e. just longer) I decided I would only watch the theatrical cut of the film (included on the disc). So I start watching it today and in the beginning when a digital clock hits 00:00, my DVD player freezes at 04:36 in. It's only on the theatrical cut, anyone else run into this problem?

2. Shane_M

Shane_M Stunt Coordinator

Hey Travis,

Did you notice any other freezes? I had about 5 of them total spread out through the movie. I just assumed it's where they cut the extended version in.

3. Shane Martin

Shane Martin Producer

I watched the entire film via the Extended cut w/o an issue on my Sony 530D.

4. stephen^wilson

stephen^wilson Stunt Coordinator

I noticed the pauses as well when i watched the theatrical cut of the movie but had no problems with the unrated version.It seems to me that Newline have done the complete opposite of Fox when it comes to having 2 versions of a film via branching.Whereas if you chose to watch the extended version of The Abyss,the new scenes are integrated back into the movie with seamless branching,it looks as if when you choose to watch the theatrical version of Blade:Trinity,the scenes from the unrated version are removed with non-seamlessly

5. Steve K.H.

Steve K.H. Supporting Actor

The only glitch I found was when I shut it off about 1/3 the way through.

This flick sets some new lows in poor acting, predictability, silly effects, and lame plot. And I actually liked Blade II.

6. Darren_T

Darren_T Second Unit

I get what appears to be layer changes every other chapter...terrible.