What's new

Bipolars or regular surrounds for surround? Music 50% and Movies 50% (1 Viewer)

Todd smith

Supporting Actor
I will be using these surrounds for music and movies equally. So what would be the best overall choice?

Dan Steffen

Stunt Coordinator
Todd:

This is one of those, "you have to listen to decide for yourself" answers but if I were you, I would buy direct firing surrounds. Music doesn't seem to sound as good with dipole/bipole setups as it does with regular speakers. HT sounds almost as good with regular speakers.

Joe Tilley

Supporting Actor
I would go with direct fireing if your 50/50 I was asking myself the same question about 3 months ago and this is how I went. I ended up buying both to try out side by side and IMHO the direct sounded much better to me Im about 80 movies 20 music and I thought the dipols would sound better but I dont think they made much differance.

John Garcia

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
I do about 70% music, 30% movies, and I prefer the sound of direct radiating. Then again, 80-90% of my music listening is stereo, not multi-channel, though for multi-channel, I still prefer direct radiators.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
balajipackersmovers
Recent bookmarks