What's new

BIG breath: "War And Peace" (1968, Russain) 507 minute version on DVD? (1 Viewer)

Douglas R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
Seems to me that these three, Ruscico, Kultur and Image are all issuing the same four disc 431 minute version and Ruscico is probably the originator.

Rich Malloy

Senior HTF Member
Beware Ruscico's 5.1 remixes... with the sole exception of "Solaris", everyone I've heard has been horrendous.

I'm a bit surprised to see that no mono soundtrack is being made available on this disc, as the backlash against their "Stalker" and "Mirror" releases was so immense that they've "reissued" those titles with their various regional distributors (Artificial Eye, Image) that includes the original track.

Douglas R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
I see that the Kultur version of War and Peace is being advertised on Amazon for release on 29 October at only $29.99 for what appears to be a 3 disc set. I wonder how this is going to compare with the 4 disc Image/Ruscico version. Is it from the same master? It's certainly considerably cheaper.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks