What's new

Bi-wiring and RF3-II's connector (1 Viewer)

Mark_F_G

Auditioning
I have two questions. First, is bi-wiring really preferable and why? I tried to set up my RF3-II's that way but could not connect the double size wire to my receiver b/c of its thickness.

Second, I just purchased my RF3-II's. One speaker had very tight connectors. In fact, they were so tight that they came loose internally after I was finally able to turn them. They only way to tighten them was to open the speaker from the rear which I managed to do successfully. I was able to tighten the connector to about 90% (enough to connect the speaker wire), bu tI am wondering if there is something else I can do, or if I should be concerned.

Chu Gai

Senior HTF Member
Second, I just purchased my RF3-II's. One speaker had very tight connectors. In fact, they were so tight that they came loose internally after I was finally able to turn them. They only way to tighten them was to open the speaker from the rear which I managed to do successfully. I was able to tighten the connector to about 90% (enough to connect the speaker wire), bu tI am wondering if there is something else I can do, or if I should be concerned.
These things happen occasionally. Heck even a Benz has the occasional screw up. You solved your problem yourself. Klipsch also has an active forum and you may want to post there to hear about others findings and to see if there are any suggestions to making the connector less prone to either coming loose or to improving the ease with which it can be loosened.

Frank Carter

Screenwriter
I bi-wired my RF-3II's and the difference was simply stunning......................just kidding;).

I noticed no difference. I had the extra speaker wire on hand and since it didn't hurt anything I just left it that way.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks