What's new

Bi-amping with receiver and amp possible? (1 Viewer)

MWestyn

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Sean
I currently have a Marantz SR7300 and a Rotel RMB-1075 at the core of my setup. I'm in the process of upgrading (got the 1075 recently), and was looking to go with the Rotel RSP-1068...but then I thought, if I can bi-amp with the receiver, then why not get the RSX-1056 and get essentially the same processing capabilities (yes, I realize there is a difference in the two, but I imagine it is negligible) with some added power to boot.

So, the purpose of the thread is to find out if ht's even possible and if so, would it be worth it, or would I lose too much from the loss of a true separate pre/pro?

Thoughts?

Thanks! ;)

Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
It’s hard to follow exactly what you’re talking about (it seems you were assuming everyone here can not only identify, but knows everything about all those model numbers you floated), but going by the title of your thread “Bi-amping with receiver and amp possible,” the answer is “maybe.” If your receiver has pre-outs, you can connect the amp and then send speaker wires from both it and the receiver to the speakers. However, I’ve heard that some receivers shut off the internal amps when a cable is connected to the pre outputs, so you’ll have to try it for yourself.

Regards,
Wayne A. Pflughaupt

MWestyn

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Sean
Wayne, thanks for the reply...yes that is essentially what I was asking while at the same time asking about the specific models in the case that someone here had experience with them.

That's what I thought but wasn't sure before I tried it.

I may not have to worry about it if I get another amp that I am trying to purchase (Emotiva ms-1) which is 200x7 ;)

Thank you!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
khuranatech
Recent bookmarks