What's new

BF1942 - 1.31 Patch (1 Viewer)

Chris Flynn

Second Unit
Why didn't EA test this game before they released it?
Well, let's see - BF1942 worked right out of the box for me. So obviously they tested it. Every patch DICE has released for it has made the game better IMO, and not just by fixing bugs, but by adding new features.

And 90% or more of PC games have patches come out for them to fix bugs or add features. Some games even have patches available before the games is even on the shelves! So what's your complaint exactly?

Chris Flynn

Second Unit
Its the third patch, yet they are still fixing bugs........
And? Some companies don't even bother fixing bugs. When a game is as good as BF1942, and they want it to last, they'll issue as many patches as possible to make sure the game is as bug-free as possible. DICE knows they have a large base of players for BF1942, so they're going to do what they have to to make the game enjoyable and playable for everyone.

Look at Half-Life. How many patches has that game had? They're STILL patching that 5 year old game. And you're complaining about 3 patches for BF1942? Have you ever, or do you even play it?

Jonathan White

Stunt Coordinator
Use to play it quite a bit, but I was terrible so I don't play it that often now (just got an xbox and waiting for live to happen in the UK). Also I couldn't find a server which suited me. Everyone was either too good or you'd get the odd person who liked spoiling it for everyone else.

With regards this being the 3rd patch, I think this is quite alot considering the game hasn't been out that long.

But I suppose it does keep the fans happy, except whinging sods like me:D

Rob Speicher

Supporting Actor
Its the third patch, yet they are still fixing bugs........
It's also more complicated than your average game. Just look at all the stuff you can do, and it's not very likely to make a bug-free game - ever. Just be glad they're fixing it at all.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks