What's new

Beulah Land warning (1 Viewer)

Bob Engleman

Stunt Coordinator
I watched my disc last night in disbelief, thinking surely it must be my player and/or monitor that was giving a pinkish cast to the actors faces, bldgs., and food; this morn, I checked a few sites and learned that it wasn't my gear. Of the approx. 140 DVDs in my collection issued by a major studio, and filmed in the last 30 yrs., this has by far the worst video transfer, and, in my opinion, definitely NOT an improvement over the VHS. At this point, I'm debating returning this title, and sticking with my tape, if Sony doesn't offer a replacement.

Bob Engleman

Mike_Richardson

Supporting Actor

It's not a great transfer by any means, but I can think of dozens of worse transfers put out by major studios. It's not THAT bad, IMO.

MatthewA

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matthew
It was probably filmed that way. I don't personally care for the aesthetic cinematographic choices of most post-1960s films, but this is probably how it looked in the original broadcast. The negative has probably faded a little.

What I have a problem with is:

1. Not making parts 1 and 2 separate DVD tracks. Part 1 ends and leads directly into part 2.

2. Removing the original Columbia Pictures Television logo. (A minor caveat but problematic). Sony did not own the studio in 1980. Heck, Coca-Cola did not yet own it.

Sony will not offer a replacement. Do you think they did anything about the P&S "Annie" or "Matilda" or the numerous cut episodes of TV shows?

Thomas T

Senior HTF Member
re: "Of the approx. 140 DVDs in my collection ..... this has by far the worst video transfer"

Well, there you go. Out of a 140 DVDs, I suppose Beulah Land could be the worst transfer you've seen. When you have a collections of 2,500 DVDs, trust me, Beulah Land doesn't look so bad.

Bob Engleman

Stunt Coordinator
Thos.,

Nowhere in my post do I state "it's the worst I've ever seen"; it's the worst in my collection.

Nowhere in my post do I state I've 140 DVDS; I've approx. 140 DVDs issued by a major studio, and filmed in the last 30 yrs. This excludes all minor studios, video re-issuers, and every film transferred to video from the beginning until 1975.

Well, there you go!!!! That's what usually occurs when individuals "lift out of context".

Bob Engleman

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks