What's new

Best Value Performance Receiver Under 300? (1 Viewer)

Matthew Will

Stunt Coordinator
Hello all,
I'm looking to upgrade my home theater this summer and was just wondering what you would suggest for a good value performance receiver. I would prefer the price be under 300 and closer to 200 if it is possible. This is a basic system and 5.1 will be more than enough. Power isn't the most crucial thing to me since to get noticeably louder then an 80 watt system would be to get a 160 watt system. I'm mainly just looking for ease of use, quality features, sound modes, DTS, Dolby, etc. I was just making a quick search on ebay and found this:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...category=14981

If the link doesnt show it is a PANASONIC SA-HE100K selling refurbished for $190. Looks like it has plenty of features and sound modes.

But yes, just throw out some receivers for me to research and possibly purchase. Any brands to stay away from? Thanks. Matt

AaronJB

Second Unit
I'd definitely recommend the Panasonic SAHE100. 70w x 6 and 78 x 5, DTS-ES 6.1 Matrix/Discrete, NEO-6, PLII, DD, unofficial DD-EX (panasonic's "Extended Surround" mode). Very good power, very clean sound and very enjoyable machine. Plenty of connections, too. The only concerns - and they're fairly minor for the price - is that the remote is weak and only the front mains are connected by binding posts - the rest of the speakers are connected by spring clips.

Sound and Vision Magazine review of the SAHE100 can be found at the link below.

http://www.soundandvision.netscape.c...aid,190,00.asp

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks