What's new

Best TV for the Money (forgetting sound) (1 Viewer)

BrentB

Grip
Everything I read about TV's is that if you have a good sound system, than put all your money into the best viewing set. I have a great surround sound system and will probably never use the sound from the TV. With that in mind,which TV would be my best choice.My price range is $1200-$2400 and I'd like to get a 36 in set and am not thrilled with projection set's I have seen so I'm fairly set on a Direct View TV.I found that rear projection TV's have to be viewed pretty much directly in front of the set or the picture looks a little off. I only watch through Direct TV and never use a DVD or PIP if that makes any difference. I'm wondering, Is the Sony XBR that much better as far as the picture to be worth spending the extra $$$ as opposed to the FS13??
Any help would be greatly appreciated as this will be my biggest expense (next to my car)

RobertR

Senior HTF Member
Brent:
You're right that the sound quality of a TV set is no consideration. No one who is into home theater EVER listens to the sound through the TV speakers.
Is your desire to get a 36" TV based on space limitations? I would contend that once you've seen a properly setup projection TV, either front or rear projection, you won't want a direct view. Whether you get a projection set or not, your indicated budget shows that you should DEFINITELY get an HDTV ready set.
------------------

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks