What's new

Best RPTV for Cable.... Argh... (1 Viewer)

Kirk Gunn

Screenwriter
Went to show the wiff how big a 55" RPTV would be, and she kept harping on how crappy cable would look. She genuinely seemed unimpressed with the HDTV feed coming in....

We looked at the Mits WS-5509 for 4k, which seemed a bit pricey, and I've heard Mits line-doublers are not the best.

Any recommendations for an RPTV that will be used 50/50 for cable/DVD ? I'm not certain of the HDTV reception in this neighborhood, plus the research I've done hasn't shown any incredible quality of HD shows.

Thanks

BobRoulier

Second Unit
I have a mits 65819 dvd is awesome, cable sucks period! the best rptv for you would be the pioneer elite the best linedoubler in the biz they are pretty pricey though you can find them at soundpros.com I bought my pioneer elite 49tx receiver from scott the owner great place to buy from very reputable tell him I sent ya;)
Good luck Bob

Kirk Gunn

Screenwriter
Seems we have some different folks scanning the boards, and am bumping for more input.

Thanks for the lead Bob - I'm just weary about Mail Ordering an RPTV, but the 520 at his price is pulling me in. I wonder if my friends in San Diego bought it, then shipped it to me in MD - would it be considered Mail Order ?

Mike I

Supporting Actor
In the area you live in you should get a good deal of HD over the air programming..Also check with your Cable company..Many of the large market area's in the country that offer digital cable also offer HD over cable..If you have digital cable in your area and they do not yet offer HD, chance are by the first of the year they will offer HD..

John Gates

Second Unit
Another thought might be to look at an external scaler/doubler. The DVDO-iscan is fairly reasonable. a good external doubler will improve the cable performance, but it costs.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks