What's new

Best rebate deal ever... (1 Viewer)

Stephen Orr

Screenwriter
I just got a rebate check for $20 for some CD-Rs I had forgotten I'd sent off for. I send in so many rebate deals that sometimes I lose track of what I may be getting back.

What's the best rebate you've ever sent off for? Mine would be for a 200-pack of CD-Rs that cost me $45 plus tax, with a rebate of $40 and $5, which ended up costing me $0. My next best would be the Apex 3201 deal that CompUSA had a few months ago. Paid $80 for it, got $30 back and just got my first couple of Region 3's to play on it.

Also, how many of you don't even bother, and then ended up regretting not trying for the rebate.

Kevin Alexander

Screenwriter
The best rebate deal ever has to go to the 14-hr Tivo about a 2yrs ago when you could buy one for $200 and get a $100 rebate from Circuit City, and a $100 rebate from Tivo, bringing your cost to tax only.

Tim Abbott

Second Unit
Real Name
Tim
If anyone is familiar with cyberrebate.com they had one of the best deals going. Until they went bankrupt, that is.....:)
That had thousands of products that were completely free after the rebate. The catch was that everything was way over-priced, and it took 2-3 months to get your rebate checks. They were basically trying to make money off of the float of our money. I got a couple of sleeping bags and a whole bunch of other camping equipment for absolutely nothing.
I'm not surprised in the least that they went bankrupt.

GordonL

Supporting Actor
That Tivo rebate is one of my best also except mine was a $300 purchase with $200 Circuit City rebate and $100 Tivo rebate. I've had bunches of other rebates where I got paid to buy stuff, most recently an APC 500VA UPS for free after $60 in rebates from Circuit City which I was also able to pricematch to a lower price from Office Depot making the net cost - they pay me $15! Also, Peachtree Accounting for $140 from Staples - $140 rebate = free. On top of that, Peachtree offered a $30 upgraders rebate, so I got paid $30 to try their software. It's no longer enough to get stuff free...sigh.... :D

Jonathan Smith

Stunt Coordinator
Several years ago, I bought a 50 pack of 3.5" diskettes from Radio Shack. They were free after rebate (I forget if it was $10 or $15). The best part was, I had a gift certificate that I had gotten for Xmas, so I got cash instead of the certificate and 50 free floppies (which I am still using now).
At that time, I wasn't into HT at all, so cash was much, much better than a rat shack gift certificate :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks