What's new

Great deal on 50-pack of Sony CD-Rs at Best Buy. (1 Viewer)

KeithH

Senior HTF Member
The Sunday Best Buy flier is advertising a 50-pack of Sony CD-Rs (80-minute, 700-MB) for just $1.99 after a mail-in rebate. A 50-pack is normally $34.99, but Best Buy has them on sale for $22.99. You get $10 off at the register and then $11 back by mail. I bought three this morning and will probably buy more during the week if they have them. The only potential problem with buying several packs is the following stipulation the rebate form:

Limit of one rebate per household or address.
When I paid for the three packs of CD-Rs, the cashier gave me three rebate receipts and three rebate forms. I thought about calling Best Buy's rebate center to see if they would mail the three rebate checks to one address since the cashier gave me three forms, however, I decided not to bother for fear that the person I were to speak with might give me bad information. I can come up with three different addresses to receive checks. To be on the safe side, I will mail the rebate forms separately.

How do you folks handle these rebates? Have you tried receiving multiple checks at one address? Does it ever work?

By the way, if you are thinking of buying a few packs of these CD-Rs and are going to come up with different addresses to receive the rebate checks, note that you cannot submit a P.O Box.

KeithH

Senior HTF Member
One more thing. The rebate forms say that it will take about eight weeks to receive rebate checks. In this day and age, that's slow, but I am not surprised. :frowning:

Jason Wilcox

Supporting Actor
i went with the same approach you're going with when i bought 2 50 packs of fujifilm cdrs with $10 MIR.

Marvin

Screenwriter
Real Name
Marvin
Keith,
Are these the music CD-R's or the ones for your PC?

KeithH

Senior HTF Member
Marvin, these are CD-Rs for the PC. It is a spindle pack of 50 CD-Rs. So, you don't get jewel cases. In my experience, spindle packs of this large a quantity of discs are almost always for the PC. Also, I should mention that I found these CD-Rs in the computer department at Best Buy, not in the music department.

Marvin

Screenwriter
Real Name
Marvin
Thanks Keith. I think Memorex sells a spindle for music CD-R's though I'm not sure.

Jon Torres

Second Unit
I would just send the checks in your name to a friend nearby or something. I still have 80 or so blanks from a staples promo where it was free after rebate.

BrettK

Agent
Staples, Office Max, Best Buy, and Circuit City all had free-after-rebate deals for spindles of 50 CDR's this past Friday, but didn't have the masochistic tendencies to deal with the crowds.

Steve_Ch

Supporting Actor
>>The rebate forms say that it will take about eight weeks to receive rebate checks. In this day and age, that's slow

KeithH

Senior HTF Member
Marvin,
No problem. You may be right about Memorex music CD-Rs come to think about it.
Jon,
That's basically what I am doing. I gave my home address for one, my work address for another one (without the company name; I get mail that way just fine), and my parents' address for the third one. My fiancee said her friends will gladly help should I decide to go back and buy more. At a net price of $1.99 per 50 CD-Rs, I just might. :)
Steve,
Thanks for the information. I had no idea that some of these rebates can take so long. I haven't done a mail-in rebate in a long time.

DaveGTP

Senior HTF Member
I picked up a 100-pk spindle of Imation CD-Rs for (I think) $20 after rebate from Best Buy. The rebate form said 8-12 weeks, but I received the rebate check in about 3-3.5 weeks. This was the first rebate I received that quickly! I was very happy with the quick turnaround.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks