What's new

Best online retailer for computer parts? (1 Viewer)

Joe_C

Supporting Actor
I'm in the process of building myself a new computer to replace the piece of shite I have now. I would like to get it all online, and all from the same store if possible. My friend told me about MWAVE.com which he has used several times in the past and really likes. Plus, they're based about 40 minutes from my house so if there's a problem it shouldn't take too long to fix.
I looked at their site and they have pretty much everything I need: Asus A7M266, Athlon 1.4ghz, ECC PC2100 RAM, GeForce3 64mb, a good sized selection of monitors, and everything else involved in putting together a computer from the ground up.
Has anyone else dealt with MWAVE? I'm ready to buy all this stuff now from them, unless anyone has any other significantly superior choices for online retailer. Thanks in advance folks.
------------------
Digital Hoard

James St

Supporting Actor
I just purchased an A7M266 mobo from Newegg.com. They have some of the best prices I've seen.

Travis Hedger

Supporting Actor
Newegg seems to be a good choice.
I got a motherboard off of MWave back in Jan of 2000. Found them using pricewatch.com when I was building a system for my roommate.
------------------
Travis -- "Contrary to popular belief, Travis Hedger, DID NOT infact invent DVD. He was just a very enthusiastic fan!!!"

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
I like to use www.tcwo.com as well as newegg and Link Removed
I have noticed that newegg is charging more for shipping now so I use them less. when I built my first PC last year, I went with mostly TCWO. A word of warning. Call them to place your order. Their staff is friendly and knowledgeable. And their website is only so-so. I've had friends who had trouble w/ online orders from TCWO because it doesn't do real-time inventory (i.e. parts were backordered and took 3 weeks to ship). I talked to a person the first time and they took me step by step and warned me of any incompatibilities that may occur with the parts I ordered. They even checked stock for me and I received my order in 5 days (UPS ground). When i had probs (because of WinMe/Abit/SBLive not getting along) I called their 800 # and the guy walked me through every step over several calls...all on their dime. He took his time and never made me feel rushed. He assured me that if we didn't solve it over the phone, they would do a swap at their cost.
That made a believer out of me! Now I'm going to build my SO's computer in September, and I will again be ordering from www.tcwo.com

Joel Mack

Senior HTF Member
I've used both MWave and Newegg. They're both top-notch and you can't go wrong with either...
------------------
"If we blow up, whatever's left of me is kickin' your butt."

Joe_C

Supporting Actor
Thanks guys! Looks like I'll be going with mwave.com then. I was pretty much already convinced, but I just needed to make sure nobody had any horror stories I should hear about first. Thanks again.
------------------
Digital Hoard

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks