What's new

Best online price for RX-V2400 (1 Viewer)

Wayne Ernst

Senior HTF Member

:) - Nice link. Actually, after owning the H/K AVR-7200, I'm now quite happy with the Yamaha receiver on my shelf.

I guess I'm just one who likes my music to sound a bit more detailed - and the Yamaha took care of that for me. The only downside on going with the Yamaha is that I no longer have the heat from the H/K to cook my eggs with in the morning.

Seriously, though, the AVR-7200 has got to be the best deal that has happened in the past 6 months in H.T. Being able to get such a "bulk" of a receiver for $800 is a steal. I just wish that I could have had more $$ to purchase new speakers at the time to balance out my H/K a bit.

Dah-Dee

Supporting Actor
Real Name
David

Doesn't take a fortune -- the 7200 sounds beautiful with my new Infinity Alpha 50 mains, Alpha 1200S sub and JBL S36II/PM surrounds! Just gotta keep an eye out for those deals to go with your deals ;)

The 7200 is plenty detailed, by the way -- I just don't like my music too bright... and the h/k took care of that for me, in comparison to the Yamahas I was also considering at the time :D

*Waits for MuneebM to freak out*

MaxMenon

Stunt Coordinator
Hmm .. I asked for the Yamaha .. and one of you sent me over to a HK product link ...

FWIW ... I need ProLogic IIx and I need the parametric equalization ... which the HK does not have !

For a very objective review of the Yamaha RX-V2400 go here

Wayne Ernst

Senior HTF Member

??? The RX-V2400 has *both* parametric EQ and DPL IIx. Granted, you might get a 2400 that hasn't had the upgrade for DPL IIx applied. However, Yamaha will provide the upgrade for the receiver.

MuneebM

Supporting Actor
John David, Max is looking for a Yamaha RX-V2400 and you refer him to an H/K 7200? I don't know if you noticed the title of this thread but it is "Best online price for RX-V2400" NOT H/K 7200. You've criticized me in the past for being non-objective, but with your post above you've been completely non-objective and completely irrelevant to the subject of the thread. How much more subjective can you be than throwing in your 2 cents about an H/K receiver in a thread that talks about the best price for a Yamaha RX-V2400! :thumbsdown:

MaxMenon

Stunt Coordinator
I agree with MuneebM.

I was not asking for opinions on any specific receiver - rather wanted to find out the best price out there for the RX-V2400.

Thanks MuneebM for pointing this out.

MuneebM

Supporting Actor
No problem Max, just doing my daily forum service :D

By the way Max, are you aware that if you buy the Yamaha RX-V2400 from an unauthorized Yamaha internet reseller then Yamaha won't give you the 2 year manufacturer's warranty? If you don't care for that, the best price I had found when I was shopping for my RX-V2400 was on etronics.com but I ended up buying it from a local store.

Dah-Dee

Supporting Actor
Real Name
David
MuneebM (and Max): I WAS KIDDING!!! Sheesh. :angry:

....and MuneebM: I've not "criticized" you about not being objective -- I've kidded about it, obviously not being serious, and making fun of my own bias in the same post!!!! :thumbsdown: to you!!! :angry: LIGHTEN UP!!!

EDIT: You both seem to have missed the freaking ;) in the first post, too. Good grief.

Edit2: In addition, MuneebM, the post you quoted was not in response to Max's post but to Wayne's comments on his experience.

MuneebM

Supporting Actor
Ok, then I apologize for being so darn anal. I felt like you were kinda serious in your previous posts on another thread about me being very subjective. No hard feelings dude ;)

Dah-Dee

Supporting Actor
Real Name
David
I'll have to take another look at your various posts where people are requesting advice for specific applications. Are you completely lacking in objectivity? I don't know. We'll see. You certainly seem defensive about it -- I really don't see how you could have missed that I was joking previously. Whatever.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks