Best online price for RX-V2400

Discussion in 'AV Receivers' started by MaxMenon, Apr 17, 2004.

1. MaxMenon

MaxMenon Stunt Coordinator

where can I find the RX-V2400 online ... for a good price ?

Thanks.

Max

2. Drew_W

Drew_W Screenwriter

etronics ?

3. TyreeS

TyreeS Agent

the best price i have seen is $741

4. Wayne Ernst

Wayne Ernst Cinematographer

Are you looking for just the "best price" or the "best price" and a valid warranty?

5. TyreeS

TyreeS Agent

best price matters most

6. Dah-Dee

Dah-Dee Supporting Actor

7. Wayne Ernst

[​IMG] - Nice link. Actually, after owning the H/K AVR-7200, I'm now quite happy with the Yamaha receiver on my shelf.

I guess I'm just one who likes my music to sound a bit more detailed - and the Yamaha took care of that for me. The only downside on going with the Yamaha is that I no longer have the heat from the H/K to cook my eggs with in the morning.

Seriously, though, the AVR-7200 has got to be the best deal that has happened in the past 6 months in H.T. Being able to get such a "bulk" of a receiver for $800 is a steal. I just wish that I could have had more $$ to purchase new speakers at the time to balance out my H/K a bit.

8. Dah-Dee

Dah-Dee Supporting Actor

Doesn't take a fortune -- the 7200 sounds beautiful with my new Infinity Alpha 50 mains, Alpha 1200S sub and JBL S36II/PM surrounds! Just gotta keep an eye out for those deals to go with your deals [​IMG]

The 7200 is plenty detailed, by the way -- I just don't like my music too bright... and the h/k took care of that for me, in comparison to the Yamahas I was also considering at the time [​IMG]

*Waits for MuneebM to freak out*

9. MaxMenon

Hmm .. I asked for the Yamaha .. and one of you sent me over to a HK product link ...

FWIW ... I need ProLogic IIx and I need the parametric equalization ... which the HK does not have !

For a very objective review of the Yamaha RX-V2400 go here

10. Wayne Ernst

??? The RX-V2400 has *both* parametric EQ and DPL IIx. Granted, you might get a 2400 that hasn't had the upgrade for DPL IIx applied. However, Yamaha will provide the upgrade for the receiver.

11. MaxMenon

Oops ... I meant that yamaha has this ... but HK does not. Sorry for the confusion.

12. MuneebM

MuneebM Supporting Actor

John David, Max is looking for a Yamaha RX-V2400 and you refer him to an H/K 7200? I don't know if you noticed the title of this thread but it is "Best online price for RX-V2400" NOT H/K 7200. You've criticized me in the past for being non-objective, but with your post above you've been completely non-objective and completely irrelevant to the subject of the thread. How much more subjective can you be than throwing in your 2 cents about an H/K receiver in a thread that talks about the best price for a Yamaha RX-V2400! [​IMG]

13. MaxMenon

I agree with MuneebM.

I was not asking for opinions on any specific receiver - rather wanted to find out the best price out there for the RX-V2400.

Thanks MuneebM for pointing this out.

14. MuneebM

MuneebM Supporting Actor

No problem Max, just doing my daily forum service [​IMG]

By the way Max, are you aware that if you buy the Yamaha RX-V2400 from an unauthorized Yamaha internet reseller then Yamaha won't give you the 2 year manufacturer's warranty? If you don't care for that, the best price I had found when I was shopping for my RX-V2400 was on etronics.com, but I ended up buying it from a local store.

15. Dah-Dee

Dah-Dee Supporting Actor

MuneebM (and Max): I WAS KIDDING!!! Sheesh. [​IMG]

....and MuneebM: I've not "criticized" you about not being objective -- I've kidded about it, obviously not being serious, and making fun of my own bias in the same post!!!! [​IMG] to you!!! [​IMG] LIGHTEN UP!!!

EDIT: You both seem to have missed the freaking [​IMG] in the first post, too. Good grief.

Edit2: In addition, MuneebM, the post you quoted was not in response to Max's post but to Wayne's comments on his experience.

16. MuneebM

MuneebM Supporting Actor

John David, I was kidding too, I think [​IMG]

LIGHTEN UP! [​IMG]

17. Dah-Dee

Dah-Dee Supporting Actor

I don't think you were.

18. MuneebM

MuneebM Supporting Actor

Ok, then I apologize for being so darn anal. I felt like you were kinda serious in your previous posts on another thread about me being very subjective. No hard feelings dude [​IMG]

19. Dah-Dee

Dah-Dee Supporting Actor

I'll have to take another look at your various posts where people are requesting advice for specific applications. Are you completely lacking in objectivity? I don't know. We'll see. You certainly seem defensive about it -- I really don't see how you could have missed that I was joking previously. Whatever.

20. MuneebM

MuneebM Supporting Actor

Now I know you ain't jokin'... right? Man, its hard to tell with you