What's new
World Wide Stereo

Best Hi-Def, WS TV? (1 Viewer)

DarrylM

Stunt Coordinator
Out of 34" high-definition, widescreen TVs from Philips, Toshiba, Sony, and Panasonic, how would you rank them in terms of their build and picture quality?

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

DarrylM

Stunt Coordinator
Surely some members of our studio audience have some familiarity with these brands...?

Jack Briggs

Senior HTF Member
They have familiarity, but they also realize that each make and model has strengths and weaknesses and that it can't all be boiled down as simply as your question assumes.

Lew Crippen

Senior HTF Member
Last year at this time I would have said:
1—Sony
2—a very close 2, Panasonic
3—Toshiba
No opinion on Phillips.

But the best thing to do is audition for yourself—take along some DVDs with which you are quite familiar. I would have been pleased with any of the above displays.

Lew Crippen

Senior HTF Member
To add to what Jack wrote, I based my above ranking on overall picture quality. But there are a lot of other factors, such as number of component inputs, number of S-Video inputs, number of DVI inputs (or even if there are any) and many other features.

As far as I’m concerned the overall picture quality on these sets is so good that I based my decision on other factors.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bmoore9
Recent bookmarks