Best DVD Audio player does CDs right

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Geo, Dec 14, 2001.

1. Geo

Geo Stunt Coordinator

I'm looking for a DVD Audio player that can be play CDs as well as a good CD player. I've heard the Panasonic RP91 does a good job with CDs??????????

Thanks for your help..........

Regards,

geo

2. Doug_H

Doug_H Supporting Actor

All DVD-A players have the ability to play cd's as well DTS cd's either using the analog inputs or the digital output.

I have both the Kenwood 5700 and the JVC 7 disc (can't remember the model) I also tried the Panny but it can't match the Kenwood in my opinion. The JVC is pretty clunky but the sound is very good. I don't think you would be disapointed with the audio from any of these players though.

3. John Tillman

John Tillman Supporting Actor

I can vouch for a nice sounding RP-91 for DVD-Audio and regular CD's.

Be aware that recent threads on multi-channel music suggested that better sounding DAC's exist in ($higher level) SCAD players. I think they were suggesting that redbook cd's sounded better as well.

4. Robert Franklin

Robert Franklin Stunt Coordinator

I think that all DVD-A players will sound quite well. I have the JVC 7-disc changer as well. In my opinion, the sound is really good, but not by much. But, I must admit I bought the player based on progressive scan capability, and the fact that it holds 7 discs instead of my former Onkyo 6 disc changer. The Onkyo had a better feature package with the exception of progressive scan and and the lack of CD-R/RW playback. It didn't hurt that the price is about the same.

I know I'm in trouble now, but I prefer the sound of SACD, and I will be making that purchase by early next year.

Just my humble opinion of what sounds better!