What's new

Best DVD Audio player does CDs right (1 Viewer)

Geo

Stunt Coordinator
I'm looking for a DVD Audio player that can be play CDs as well as a good CD player. I've heard the Panasonic RP91 does a good job with CDs??????????

Thanks for your help..........

Regards,

geo

Doug_H

Supporting Actor
All DVD-A players have the ability to play cd's as well DTS cd's either using the analog inputs or the digital output.

I have both the Kenwood 5700 and the JVC 7 disc (can't remember the model) I also tried the Panny but it can't match the Kenwood in my opinion. The JVC is pretty clunky but the sound is very good. I don't think you would be disapointed with the audio from any of these players though.

John Tillman

Supporting Actor
I can vouch for a nice sounding RP-91 for DVD-Audio and regular CD's.

Be aware that recent threads on multi-channel music suggested that better sounding DAC's exist in ($higher level) SCAD players. I think they were suggesting that redbook cd's sounded better as well.

Robert Franklin

Stunt Coordinator
I think that all DVD-A players will sound quite well. I have the JVC 7-disc changer as well. In my opinion, the sound is really good, but not by much. But, I must admit I bought the player based on progressive scan capability, and the fact that it holds 7 discs instead of my former Onkyo 6 disc changer. The Onkyo had a better feature package with the exception of progressive scan and and the lack of CD-R/RW playback. It didn't hurt that the price is about the same.

I know I'm in trouble now, but I prefer the sound of SACD, and I will be making that purchase by early next year.

Just my humble opinion of what sounds better!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks