Best/Cheapest place to buy SACDs

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Pat S, Jan 13, 2003.

1. Pat S

Pat S Auditioning

Where is the best and most affordable place to buy SACDs on the web? I have found a few places, but they are either difficult to find anything or fairly expensive, or both.

Thanks for the help.

-Pat

2. Phil A

Phil A Producer
    Supporter

Phil
    Best Buy is carrying more in the store besides on their website. Circuit City online has some titles for $12.99. Elusive Disc and Acoustics Sounds online carry a fuller selection but at a higher cost as does Music Direct, Red Trumpet and others. Check out Brian Moura's site for info (at the bottom of the page):
    http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homep...a/msacdnow.htm

3. Mike Broadman

Mike Broadman Producer

Circuit City is the place to go for prices, but not for the selection. Shop there when you're looking for the bigger SACDs, like Sony or Universal, but definitely check out elusivedisc and acousticsounds for some smaller labels.

NP: Mozart, Complete Wind Concerti, Volume 1, Woodwind, Orchestra of the Old Fairfield Academy, CD

4. Leo

Leo Second Unit

Check Digitaleyes.net for what I have found to be good prices. Usually $3 less than suggest retail.

5. Philip Hamm

Philip Hamm Lead Actor

My local Best BUy has Weather Report: Heavy Weather priced at $11.99. If it were multichannel I'd buy it, but I have the gold CD and it sounds good enough for me in stereo.

6. Marty M

Marty M Cinematographer

http://www.dvdempire has SACDs at a discount, but they don't have as comprehensive selection as Acoustic Sound or Elusive Disc.