What's new

Best buy sub in piano black? (1 Viewer)

FrankHW

Agent
I'm looking for a new sub, but specifically in a piano black finish (to match Dahlquist QX10s). It's a large room, so a bargain like the AR 8" is out. I'm not looking to spend megabucks, but somewhere between 500-1500 CAD is my general budget. So far, Dahlquist and NHT seems like options. Anybody have good suggestions?

MikeLi

Supporting Actor
I just got rid of dual NHT's and they were good subs and looked great with that shiney finish. I got an SVS PB2+ and for sound its not even close its so much better. The look is black and somewhat dull but I have it sitting right next to my piano black NHT towers and it looks great anyway. Just my 2 cents...

Nick V

Second Unit
I have a Mirage BPS-400. It has a piano black top, and grille covered sides and front. It goes low and loud. I picked it up for $1000 CDN new including tax. I demo'd it directly against the Paradigm PW-2200 and thought the slight increase in price for the Mirage was well worth it. Great sub for HT, very good sub for music.

The only thing about this sub, is that it's HUGE. You need a lot of room to place this thing.

Curt C

Agent
You might find a good deal on the Velodyne HGS's since they've been replaced by the new computerized DD's. The HGS's look good and sound great.
Curt

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks