What's new

Benny and Joon query (1 Viewer)

Benny and Joon has just been eleased in region 4 ( saw it in a shop but not online) but after checking on Amazon the region 1 version has deleted scenes and a commentary track - both seemingly missing from the region 4 version.
Could someone who has the region 1 version please comment on the extras and their quality ?
Thanks
Christine

M

MaxY

I have the Disc and not only is B&J a damn fine movie and the disc a damn fine disc...
It is damn Cheap!!
So run right out and get the damn thing. :)
Max
------------------
Maxsig.gif

Browse My Collection of DVDs at DVD profiler
Equipment Lists for My HTs
Petition To Bring Motel Hell To DVD Check In Here
Time to resume Buying Warner Product!!

Thanks for the comments and the link to DVDfile which answered all my questions extremely well.
One day I'll work out why companies seem to assume that because I am in region 4 I don't want the extras etc that region 1 gets.
Christine

Christine,
Sorry to hear that they left the extras off of the region 4 disc. I've never quite understood why (other than if it's possibly an issue of who owns the rights) studios don't release catalog titles as all-region.
In any case, Benny and Joon is a wonderful, and terribly underrated movie. The extras on the region 1 disc are excellent. So, to parapharase Ferris, if you have the means to play region one discs, I highly reccomend picking it up. :)
Regards,
-Brian

Thanks Brian,
It does look as though it will be another region 1 DVD I buy - Unbearable Lightness of Being was the first, then Bob ROberts (which has since been released in region 4 but with fewer commentaries).
Christine

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SaladinNagasawa
Recent bookmarks