Benny and Joon query

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Christine Warren, Sep 21, 2001.

1. Christine Warren

Benny and Joon has just been eleased in region 4 ( saw it in a shop but not online) but after checking on Amazon the region 1 version has deleted scenes and a commentary track - both seemingly missing from the region 4 version.
    Could someone who has the region 1 version please comment on the extras and their quality ?
    Thanks
    Christine

2. Bjorn Olav Nyberg

Bjorn Olav Nyberg Supporting Actor

3. Ricky f

Ricky f Supporting Actor

Have not got the disc but Benny and Joon is a great movie.
    Regards,
    Ricky
    ------------------
    C:WINDOWSDesktopjasonVSparbannerVER2.jpg
    www.petitiononline.com/UncutDVD
    Thank you WILL K for the banner

4. MaxY

MaxY Guest

5. Christine Warren

Thanks for the comments and the link to DVDfile which answered all my questions extremely well.
    One day I'll work out why companies seem to assume that because I am in region 4 I don't want the extras etc that region 1 gets.
    Christine

6. Brian Knolhoff

Christine,
    Sorry to hear that they left the extras off of the region 4 disc. I've never quite understood why (other than if it's possibly an issue of who owns the rights) studios don't release catalog titles as all-region.
    In any case, Benny and Joon is a wonderful, and terribly underrated movie. The extras on the region 1 disc are excellent. So, to parapharase Ferris, if you have the means to play region one discs, I highly reccomend picking it up. [​IMG]
    Regards,
    -Brian

7. Christine Warren

Thanks Brian,
    It does look as though it will be another region 1 DVD I buy - Unbearable Lightness of Being was the first, then Bob ROberts (which has since been released in region 4 but with fewer commentaries).
    Christine