What's new

Benchmark DAC1 vs Anthem AVM-20 (1 Viewer)

I'm thinking about buying a Benchmark DAC1 for CD Decoding. Currently, I'm using the coaxial output of my Marantz CD-63se to feed my Anthem AVM-20. Does anyone out there have any experience with this combo? How does the DAC1 compare to the AVM-20? The DAC1 has received really good reviews, but I would like some feedback from one of you guys.

Marc_E

Supporting Actor
I used a Perpetual Technologies P-3A for a time with my AVM20. The P-3A is also highly regarded and reviewed at secrets. I noticed ZERO difference or should I say not improvement over the AVM20. More accurately I would say that I prefered the AVM20 to the P-3A. I had it going to the 2ch inputs (I had a specially made cable that is RCA to balanced XLR) and analog direct setting.
If you can audition it for a time without shelling out the money I would say give it a whirl but IMO I do not think there will be much if any improvement.
Marc
Love my AVM20!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks