1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

Benchmark DAC1 vs Anthem AVM-20

Discussion in 'Playback Devices' started by Alan Howard, Oct 25, 2003.

1. Alan Howard

Alan Howard Extra

I'm thinking about buying a Benchmark DAC1 for CD Decoding. Currently, I'm using the coaxial output of my Marantz CD-63se to feed my Anthem AVM-20. Does anyone out there have any experience with this combo? How does the DAC1 compare to the AVM-20? The DAC1 has received really good reviews, but I would like some feedback from one of you guys.

2. Marc_E

Marc_E Supporting Actor

I used a Perpetual Technologies P-3A for a time with my AVM20. The P-3A is also highly regarded and reviewed at secrets. I noticed ZERO difference or should I say not improvement over the AVM20. More accurately I would say that I prefered the AVM20 to the P-3A. I had it going to the 2ch inputs (I had a specially made cable that is RCA to balanced XLR) and analog direct setting.
    If you can audition it for a time without shelling out the money I would say give it a whirl but IMO I do not think there will be much if any improvement.
    Marc
    Love my AVM20!