Beavis and Butthead V.3: The Last Straw

Discussion in 'TV on DVD and Blu-ray' started by Kevin Martinez, Jul 19, 2006.

1. Kevin Martinez

Kevin Martinez Second Unit

At the risk of sound "rude":

all right: The contents for Beavis and butt-head volume 3 have been posted; All Season 6-7 Cartoons. That does it: I've tried to passively enjoy these thirdrate, pitiful excuses for DVD's full of "director's" Cuts and omitted episodes for the past two sets, but i just can't stand it anymore. I can understand the lack of Music Videos, but there's nothing in the world that could justify this triolgy of DVD garbage. No one would tolerate this crap if it happened to The Simpsons or South Park. And of course the sets would'nt have existed without Mike Sludge: Without him, MTV would have put out much better sets that wouldn't have all the music videos, but would have all the episodes untampered with.

the worst part of this is Beavis and Butt-head won't recieve the home video treatment they deserve unless Mike Judge kicks the bucket and his estate authorizes a legit "complete series" set for some far-off future format. and i'll buy 1'000 copies of it; 500 for me and 500 for my firstborn.

If you think i have some personal vendetta for Mike Judge, i didn't always: before all this, i thought he would do the seires justice if given the chance. But omitting episodes and directors cuts and remaining totally silent? That doesn't make him an "artist" or a George Lucas: that makes him a schmuck and a douchebag. I said it before and i'll say it again: he should be locked up an never be allowed to ruin another DVD ever again because this cretin is the worst thing to ever happen to the DVD medium.

2. TravisR

TravisR Studio Mogul

It sounds sick but reading this makes me want to buy it even more.

3. Mark Talmadge

Mark Talmadge Cinematographer

I'm extremely upset over the fact that Mike Judge, that stupid little S.O.A.B. has elected not to release any of the earlier episodes. I think this has more to do with the controversial subject matter than it does with the crappy animation.

I just wish that MTV would grow some gonads and release the series in its complete form and tell MJ to kiss off.

4. Ravi K

Ravi K Supporting Actor

What's wrong with the DVDs?

5. TravisR

TravisR Studio Mogul

They tried to release a set before without Mike Judge's input and breached of their contract with him. In the end, telling him 'to kiss off' resulted in alot of wasted money on manufacturing discs that were recalled and destroyed.

As for what's wrong with these DVDs, nothing other than that they're only the episodes that Mike Judge wants released. Unfortunately, those choices aren't always met with enthusiasm (see above).

6. Mark Talmadge

Mark Talmadge Cinematographer

Ain't nothing wrong with the disks it's the way the episodes are being released. Mike Judge just seems like a pretty boy who whines and screams like a spoiled brat.

Excuse me for saying this but these Beavis and Butthead sets are nothing more but incomplete sets since "Pretty Boy" don't ever want the earlier seasons to see the light of day.

Oh, and yes I do own the first two sets ...

7. Jay_B!

Jay_B! Screenwriter

the only thing I don't like is his dismissal of the very early episodes because of the horrid animation. Granted, they did look pretty terrible, but those were the episodes that made us all become fans in the first place. Take a look at early Simpsons and South Park and the animation wasn't so hot then either, but you don't see Groening or Parker/Stone removing those episodes from circulation because Homer didn't sound right or Cartman's voice wasn't perfected... it's part of the shows legacy. I have the History set but also getting the Mike Judge Collection sets, but I personally wish he would see fit to release the entire series.

8. Carlos Garcia

Carlos Garcia Screenwriter

While I don't usually advocate buying bootleg sets, this is one set where I think it's better to own copies of all the episodes as they originally aired on MTV (Complete, uncut, music video intact, and uncensored (FIRE, FIRE, FIRE!)), as opposed to the "official" releases. I want to remember the shows I saw originally, not some new cut version the Director wants me to see.