What's new

BBC "Chronicles of Narnia" TV adaptions -- any chances for DVD release? (1 Viewer)

Sean Laughter

Screenwriter
Just wondering if anyone knows if there is ANY chance of this set coming out on DVD. I've seen them on VHS on ebay and remember loving these things a few years back, I don't know how they would hold up now but I think I'd chance it, I'd just hate to get a VHS copy on Ebay when a DVD may be out sometime in the future (though I know the chances are probably extremely small). Anyone have any idea. Here's a pic of the set by the way:
Link Removed
[Edited last by Sean Laughter on September 04, 2001 at 12:21 AM]

Bjorn Olav Nyberg

Supporting Actor
Boy, I hope so. I loved this series when I was a kid, and knowing my tastes, this kind of kiddie fantasy still gets to me.
Guess I'll be comforting myself with the neverending story in the meantime...
BTW, have you seen this thread? http://www.hometheaterforum.com/uub/...ML/003056.html
So far it seems I am the only one who has voted for Narnia...
------------------
"You're 10 seconds away from the most embarrassing moment of your life!"
Click here to admit you want to see Ford Fairlane on DVD!
DVD List Link Removed
[Edited last by Bjørn Olav Nyberg on September 04, 2001 at 02:32 AM]

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
My wife owns that set of VHS's; it's part of maybe 2 dozen tapes (not counting the boy's complete Power Rangers set!) that haven't been retired yet.
Since it's BBS and since Warner Bros. releases all things BBS in the USA now, then...
...do I gotta say it?
frown.gif

------------------
DAVE/Memphis
Widescreen is Family Fun!
FamilyWidescreen_ws.jpg

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
WB has no control over the releases, that's why they're in keepcases. Basically the BBC hands them the discs and WB ships them
Jeff Kleist

Luis Esp

Supporting Actor
I love this series. I wish they would include The Silver Chair, Prince Caspian, The Voyage of the Dawn Tredder and the Final Battle. I've borrowed the vhs several times from the library and was disappointed on how soft the images were. Let's petition Warner Bros to release in the near future.
I'm surpised Disney has never optioned the Chronicles of Narnia for an animated or live action film. Without musical numbers!

TheLongshot

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
I'm surpised Disney has never optioned the Chronicles of Narnia for an animated or live action film. Without musical numbers!
Actually, there is an animated version of "The Lion, The Witch, and the Wardrobe" that was made in 1979. It is what got me interested in the books.
Jason
------------------
My DVD Collection

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
I'd buy these. They are very interesting and faithful adaptations of the movies. I'd thought PBS had made these, but considering all the actors are British (as they should be, considering the setting of the story), that makes sense. If I had some spare cash when these came out, sure, I'd buy them.
------------------
My DVD Collection

DannyS

Second Unit
These are the BBC televison adaptations made in the early 90's. The creature effects were done by Jim Hensons creature shop I believe, but it might be another company. These were HUGE hits when they were originally aired in the UK and the BBC spent a small fortune producing them. I remember them being the highlight series for the winter season on BBC1. They are brilliant. A DVD should be made of them.
------------------
Panasonic TX-21M2T TV
Sony DVP 536
Old Panasonic Stereo! :)

Dan Brecher

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Daniel
Actually they date back prior to the early 90s. Lion the Witch and the Wardrobe was 1988. I loved these, would be great to have them on DVD.
Jim Henson's creature shop indeed did the animals. Their work still shines.
Dan (UK)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks