What's new

Battle of Algiers: Criterion Delayed??? (1 Viewer)

JoshB

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Joshua Bal
I have just got around to saving enough money for releases this September and was just getting ready to buy Battle of Algiers: 3-Disc Criterion which was suppose to street on Sept. 21st, but have now found out that it will not ship until October 12th. I could hav sworn just the other day the sites were listing it as coming out this week on the 21st. When was it announced this title was delayed, or was this the shipping date all along. Can anyone confirm?

CraigF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig
I think you're right about the 21st, according to my records (I ordered it with Videodrome back in July). I was told BoA wasn't going to be released until the 28th now, but that may just be for Canada. Shipping date doesn't mean much IME. It may even have to do with when the place puts in their "regular" order to the DVD distributor, and how long it takes for them to get that order back to the seller etc. etc. FWIW I usually get stuff well before they say it's even going to ship from *most* places. Anyway, a few more weeks of waiting is nothing after years of waiting...

JoshB

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Joshua Bal
It isn't much of a wait I suppose, better than say sometime in early 2005 like some titles have been delayed (Raging Bull) but I was really set on picking it up this week.

JoshB

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Joshua Bal
I just looked on amazon.ca and saw that they have it to street on Sept. 28th. Is the Canadian R1 version the same as the US version R1?

Marc Colella

Senior HTF Member
It's the same version (99% of the time Criterion's are the same for both countries).

Amazon.ca just hasnt updated their site to reflect the new release date.

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick
By now we should all just assume Criterion titles are going to be delayed by a few weeks or months, just to save being disappointed. When their titles actually arrive on the original street date, it's icing on the cake.

JoshB

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Joshua Bal
I guess I shouldnt complain. This September has been the most crowded month for DVD releases I have ever seen. 9/7 was a huge day with so many releases, and seeign as how Srar Wars comes out tomorrow, along with many other titles (criterions too) a three week or so delay is not the end of the world.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks