What's new

Battle Creek Brawl AKA The Big Brawl aspect ratio (1 Viewer)

John Stockton

Second Unit
I picked up the DVD for this film today but noticed that in the back it states that the film has an AR of 1.78:1 when in theatres it was 2.39:1. Has anyone viewed this DVD yet to see what the actual ratio of the picture is?? I don't want to open the shrink wrap if they have screwed up.

Thanks

Mark Hammon

Stunt Coordinator
I looked everywhere for the DVD yesterday, and finally found it at Circuit City for only $6.99. I'll suspect that Walmart will put it in their $5.88 bin.

Anyway on to your question... The package is mismarked (not a first for Fox). The DVD/film is aproximately 2.35:1 and anamorpically enhanced. On my 16:9 TV it's got small black bars (similar to those of a 1.85:1 on a non-16:9 TV). When I switched off the enhancement I had much larger black bars.

The 1.78:1 should have referred to that type of monitor (16:9) someone just goofed.

The film is in DTS which had an interesting surround mode but the picture was somewhat soft (in my opinion).

John Stockton

Second Unit
Thanks again for your input. This film has never been available on widescreen and I have been anxious to see it again in its original ratio. As far as the picture being soft, I have a feeling that is the way the film was shot to give that old 20s or 30s look. I remember the picture being a little soft during its theatrical run.

Did you spot any other problems with either the picture or the sound???

Rodney

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Mark:

Can you tell me if this has the original English audio, or only Chinese with Subtitles?

Thanks.

Rodney

Premium
Senior HTF Member
I'll answer my own link and say, yes, it does have the original English audio. Not the best Jackie Chan, but enjoyable.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks