Batman Forever: Director's Cut???

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Ruslan, Oct 30, 2001.

1. Ruslan

Ruslan Stunt Coordinator

As I remember, this was going to be one of Warners' first DVD releases a good few years ago, but it never showed. I also read an interview where Schumacher confirmed he was restoring some of the darker scenes, totalling about 30 mins of footage.
    Does anyone know anything about whether this would ever seen the light of day?? I've heard nothing about it for ages. I for one would love to see it, as all the Batman films have appalling treatment on DVD.

2. Joshua Moran

Joshua Moran Supporting Actor

Does anyone really like the Schumacher Batman movies? Personally I think Schumacher ruined the franchise.

3. TheBat

TheBat Producer

Jacob
  4. Inspector Hammer!

Inspector Hammer! Executive Producer

John Williamson
    A directors cut of 'Batman Forever'!?! Great, that's all we need, more gratuitous shots of Batman's ass and nipples!
    ------------------
    God bless the USA and the men and women of our military and their families!

5. Rob T

Rob T Screenwriter

I'd like a director's cut of 1 and 2, but not any of the shumacher movies. they were crap. hopefully, proyas can bring the franchise back to what it once was. [​IMG]

6. Nick Graham

Nick Graham Screenwriter

Batman Forver was too long to beging with. I am a fanatic about the animated stuff and the first two films (mainly Batman Returns...how can you not get psyched for Batman vs a scenery chewing Christopher Walken?), but the Shumacher movies are a total waste, and have nothing to do with the true spirit of the source material, not even the 60's series. I was saddened that 3 of my all time favorite actors couldn't even make it respectable.

7. Dave H

Dave H Producer

My only interest is in the first and maybe second movie. Hopefully, there will be done first. These first two movies captured the quality of Batman - sort of how Donner did with Superman.

8. Lafe F

Lafe F Second Unit

I watched Batman Forever today and wished there was more on the disc. I love Shumacher's Batman movies! (very colorful and action-packed...) To each their own.

9. Jeff Kleist

Jeff Kleist Executive Producer

You know, when your ACTORS have to publiclly apologize for your films, that's a problem (George Clooney publically apologized for B&R)
    Jeff Kleist

10. Roland Wandinger

Roland Wandinger Stunt Coordinator

I would buy a Dir. Cut of Batman Forever. I really like this movie although it nowhere near the first two.
    There was talk about a rerelease of Batman and Beetlejuice a year or so ago but nothing since? The only Warner movie which has been released as such a "SE" was The Fugitive.

11. cafink

cafink Producer

Carl Fink
    Well I, for one, liked Schumacher's Batman films, especially Batman & Robin. They were very campy, just like the Batman of the 60s, which I love. I haven't seen Burton's Batman movies in years, so I can't really compare, but for what they are, I think Batman Forever and Batman & Robin are fun movies.

12. Andrew 'Ange Hamm' Hamm

Andrew 'Ange Hamm' Hamm Supporting Actor

Batman and Robin was appalling, but I really enjoyed Batman Forever for the most part. The design, colors, and cinematography were incredibly comic-book-like, much more so than Burton's films. And Jim Carrey's performance was totally off the hook.
    I still don't think anyone has made a Batman movie that really does the characters much justice, Burton included. I'd really like to see Terry Gilliam or Ang Lee take a shot at it, adapting something like "The Killing Joke" or better yet one of Frank Miller's masterpieces "Batman: Year One" or "The Dark Knight Returns."
    ------------------
    Andrew Hamm's new album Strange Education is available now!

13. Jeff Ashforth

Jeff Ashforth Stunt Coordinator