What's new

Batman Forever: Director's Cut??? (1 Viewer)

Ruslan

Stunt Coordinator
As I remember, this was going to be one of Warners' first DVD releases a good few years ago, but it never showed. I also read an interview where Schumacher confirmed he was restoring some of the darker scenes, totalling about 30 mins of footage.
Does anyone know anything about whether this would ever seen the light of day?? I've heard nothing about it for ages. I for one would love to see it, as all the Batman films have appalling treatment on DVD.

Joshua Moran

Supporting Actor
Does anyone really like the Schumacher Batman movies? Personally I think Schumacher ruined the franchise.

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
A directors cut of 'Batman Forever'!?! Great, that's all we need, more gratuitous shots of Batman's ass and nipples!
------------------
God bless the USA and the men and women of our military and their families!

Rob T

Screenwriter
I'd like a director's cut of 1 and 2, but not any of the shumacher movies. they were crap. hopefully, proyas can bring the franchise back to what it once was. :)

Nick Graham

Screenwriter
Batman Forver was too long to beging with. I am a fanatic about the animated stuff and the first two films (mainly Batman Returns...how can you not get psyched for Batman vs a scenery chewing Christopher Walken?), but the Shumacher movies are a total waste, and have nothing to do with the true spirit of the source material, not even the 60's series. I was saddened that 3 of my all time favorite actors couldn't even make it respectable.

Dave H

Senior HTF Member
My only interest is in the first and maybe second movie. Hopefully, there will be done first. These first two movies captured the quality of Batman - sort of how Donner did with Superman.

Lafe F

Second Unit
I watched Batman Forever today and wished there was more on the disc. I love Shumacher's Batman movies! (very colorful and action-packed...) To each their own.

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
You know, when your ACTORS have to publiclly apologize for your films, that's a problem (George Clooney publically apologized for B&R)
Jeff Kleist

Roland Wandinger

Stunt Coordinator
I would buy a Dir. Cut of Batman Forever. I really like this movie although it nowhere near the first two.
There was talk about a rerelease of Batman and Beetlejuice a year or so ago but nothing since? The only Warner movie which has been released as such a "SE" was The Fugitive.

cafink

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Carl Fink
Well I, for one, liked Schumacher's Batman films, especially Batman & Robin. They were very campy, just like the Batman of the 60s, which I love. I haven't seen Burton's Batman movies in years, so I can't really compare, but for what they are, I think Batman Forever and Batman & Robin are fun movies.

Andrew 'Ange Hamm' Hamm

Supporting Actor
Batman and Robin was appalling, but I really enjoyed Batman Forever for the most part. The design, colors, and cinematography were incredibly comic-book-like, much more so than Burton's films. And Jim Carrey's performance was totally off the hook.
I still don't think anyone has made a Batman movie that really does the characters much justice, Burton included. I'd really like to see Terry Gilliam or Ang Lee take a shot at it, adapting something like "The Killing Joke" or better yet one of Frank Miller's masterpieces "Batman: Year One" or "The Dark Knight Returns."
------------------
Andrew Hamm's new album Link Removed is available now!

Jeff Ashforth

Stunt Coordinator
I'd really like to see Terry Gilliam or Ang Lee take a shot at it, adapting something like "The Killing Joke" or better yet one of Frank Miller's masterpieces "Batman: Year One"
Then http://www.upcomingmovies.com/batmanyearone.html
------------------
http://www.home.earthlink.net/~drashforth/_uimages/flaggif
"Historians of science have long said: A body of knowledge that does not fit in with prevailing ideas, will be ignored as if it does not exist, no matter how scientifically valid it is."
My Spare time larcenists
The worst HT in America.
[Edited last by Jeff Ashforth on October 31, 2001 at 08:34 AM]

Alex...

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alex Czaplicki

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks