What's new

basic self calibration question (1 Viewer)

Patrick R. Sklenar

Second Unit
I've recently purchased the Samsung 26" widescreen HDTV from Sears. It has two sets of Component Inputs, both capable of 480i, 480p and 1080i. I have a DVD player on one set of inputs and an HD cable box on the other. If I calibrate (to the best of my abilities) via Avia in the DVDP on CompIn1, will that tune the HD input on CompIn2 at the same time? or do I need to calibrate via DVD on one set of inputs, then swap inputs and calibrate the second set of inputs separately?

Thanks,

Gregg Loewen

Founder, Professional Video Alliance
Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gregg Loewen
Hi Pat

Avia / VE will only work for the scan rate you are inputing into the input. You will need a HD calibration signal to calibrate the HD scan rate rate of the 2nd input.

Regards

Gregg

Patrick R. Sklenar

Second Unit
Gregg,

Thank you very much. So, if I understand, calibrating via a 480i DVD player on one set of component inputs should give me the appropriate settings for 480i on both sets of inputs, but not necessarily be correct for a 480p or 1080i source? Would one of the new 1080i upconverting DVD players allow me to get a closer calibration on the HD CATV input?

Gee, do you offer a multiple TV discount? :)

Again, thanks for the feedback,
pat----

Patrick R. Sklenar

Second Unit
:D

Okay, and again, thank you very much!

If my finances hold where they are right now ... I'll try to give you a call after the NYC HE Expo to schedule a visit. Hopefully I'll have my 1080i upconverting player by then too.

Thank you,
pat----

ps, any chance of running into you there againg this year (we met through Peter Tribeman last time it was in NYC)?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
balajipackersmovers
Recent bookmarks