What's new

Barnes & Noble Criterion Sale - Nov. 2017 (1 Viewer)

Craig Beam

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
CraB
Today's score....

1101171816.jpg

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
I picked up Twin Peaks: Fire Walk With Me as a gift for a friend. I've already got my copy of FWWM and the one in the Twin Peaks box set.

Needless to say, I'll be going back for other stuff throughout the month.

Darby67

Screenwriter
Real Name
Sean
I'm looking to purchase the following titles during this sale:

His Girl Friday

Othello

The Player

After Young Mr. Lincoln is released on 1/9/18, I'll pick that up at the next Criterion flash sale or Barnes and Noble 50% off sale.

David Norman

Senior HTF Member
I picked up today Rebecca, Barry Lyndon, Vampyr and The Lure.
But sadly the Olympic collection is not out until Dec 5th after the sale ends- unless they extend it.

The other alternative for the Olympic set (or other Dec titles). Have a CSR generate a ship to home order from the store computer
and the prices appear to be pulling up at 50% off. the Jan titles are at regular price today when a couple people have checked. Since this is
considered a store purchase it also allows you to use the 10% MemberDiscount just like an in-store pickup

Toward the middle/end of the month it's possible that the Jan and even Feb titles possibly will drop. The July sales allowed me to
order pretty much all the Aug/Sept/oct titles at 50%+ off though the Oct titles didn't switch prices until the last week.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Rebecca and The Philadelphia Story are top purchases this time around .... thank you B & N

Yeah. I'll be sure to pick up The Philadelphia Girl...but I see no need to upgrade the MGM Rebecca Blu-ray. I don't see much else for me this time around. The Olympic set maybe down the road...

skylark68

Screenwriter
Real Name
Timothy
Nice picks. I hope to go visit our local B&N tomorrow. I've been meaning to grab Two Lane Blacktop, Gilda, Only Angels Have Wings, and a few others.

SultanOfWhat

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Matt
Picked up Philadelphia Story and the Dekalog series (the latter is almost $20 cheaper than Amazon's offering due to the sale).

PMF

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Philip
Yeah. I'll be sure to pick up The Philadelphia Girl...but I see no need to upgrade the MGM Rebecca Blu-ray. I don't see much else for me this time around. The Olympic set maybe down the road...
Did you mean The Philadelphia Story? Or did you mean His Girl Friday? Both are great, I'll Grant you that.:)

B-ROLL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bryan
I hope Peg doesn't mind ;)

Reactions: PMF

breeezer

Agent
Real Name
Bryce
I bought Rebecca and The Palm Beach Story. Don't know how you bought The Philadelphia Story, as they tell me it's not released until November 7. But I got that one online with the discount.

B-ROLL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bryan
I bought Rebecca and The Palm Beach Story. Don't know how you bought The Philadelphia Story, as they tell me it's not released until November 7. But I got that one online with the discount.
Philadelphia Story is a pre-order but according to David Norman you can do a ship-to-home order from the store and still get the discount ...

I pre-ordered PS (and some older Ingmar Bergman Blurays) They probably won't ship until Monday (or PS may come separately ... stranger things have happened ;) )

David Norman

Senior HTF Member
The November titles are already on the sale online so ordering those aren't a problem You'll probably get dispatch on Mon/Tues of release.

The ship to home bypass works for most of the December titles that aren't officially on sale online.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Yeah. I'll be sure to pick up The Philadelphia Girl..

Too funny. I was channeling (truthfully) Bloody Mary from South Pacific who asks Lt. Cable about his "Phil-a-dell-ee-uh girl." Peg and I copy that pronunciation of Philadelphia quite often when we come across it...and I must've just absent-mindedly completed the phrase when I posted! :D

Reactions: PMF

AnthonyClarke

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Anthony
Yes, when I said I'd bought The Philadelphia Story I did mean I had paid for my purchase at the bargain rate. Now I just have to sit back and wait....
I also have the MGM Blu of Rebecca but am happy to double-dip as I have family who will love the other version.

David Weicker

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
Too funny. I was channeling (truthfully) Bloody Mary from South Pacific who asks Lt. Cable about his "Phil-a-dell-ee-uh girl." Peg and I copy that pronunciation of Philadelphia quite often when we come across it...and I must've just absent-mindedly completed the phrase when I posted! :D

I heard that Philadelphia Girl makes a good double feature with Hidden Fences

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks