What's new

Bargain-priced game recommendation for this weekend. (Xbox) (1 Viewer)

Dan B

Screenwriter
Wal-Mart has Splashdown for the Xbox for $19.82, so I picked up a copy today. My first impression is that it's a fun game, looks good & has solid control. It supports custom soundtracks. :emoji_thumbsup:
So far, the waves are nothing on the level of either of the Wave Race games, but the Sea-Doos bounce & slide in a fun if slightly arcadey way from what I've played so far. There are the usual tricks to perform that are typical for this genre of game, which help to keep your speed up & don't really get too much in the way of the racing, which is important to me.
I'll try to post some further impressions after I put some more play time into the game, but at $20, those of you looking for a game of this genre can't go wrong.
-Dan

CaptDS9E

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joey
Dan head over the your local Eb store (EB, EBX, Stop and Save and so on). They have a used game sale. Buy 2 get 10% off, buy 3 get 15% off, buy 4 get 20% off. I picked up Buffy, Crazy Taxi 3 and NFL2k3 today. Each store has a different selection of course but they probably a pretty much the same

capt

Dan B

Screenwriter
Dan head over the your local Eb store (EB, EBX, Stop and Save and so on). They have a used game sale. Buy 2 get 10% off, buy 3 get 15% off, buy 4 get 20% off. I picked up Buffy, Crazy Taxi 3 and NFL2k3 today. Each store has a different selection of course but they probably a pretty much the same
Thanks Joey, but my nearest store is 70 miles away! It's one of the only disadvantages of living in the middle of nowhere. :)
-Dan

Andre F

Screenwriter
It seems like there is a lot of decent deal out there for the Xbox...now if I only had some cash! :frowning:

CaptDS9E

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joey
That sucks dan. I counted yesterday and we have a total of 15 places to buy Video Games in less then a half mile. Its really nuts. 5 places alone in the same mall.

Capt

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks