What's new

bargain monitor (1 Viewer)

CraigEG

Agent
my monitor has finally died its final death and i need to purchase a new one. as im a best buy employee i am tempte to just go buy one from there with my discount, but we really dont get much off of those kinda of things, so i am wondering if there's a better deal out there? point me towards a website with discounted pc type stuff or even a B&M with cheaper than BB prices if they exist
thanks
ceg

felix_suwarno

Screenwriter
i bought viewsonic g90fb from gateway store (b&m). cheaper than online stores, and no shipping fee ( delivered in 2 days ). check mysimon.com if you dont believe me.

Brian Ruth

Supporting Actor
Craig:
My guess is that you won't find an online price much better than your discount. BB is 5% over cost (so they say), and its pretty rare to find a place that only marks up their products 5%.
I'd just say try to find a flatscreen CRT monitor... they should be cheap now that LCD's are bearing down on them. You should be able to pick one up for under 200. :)

CraigEG

Agent
yeah computers stuff in best buy hardly ever has any markup.. they make all their money in that dept thru service plans. It sux because last week I could have gotten a monitor for under a hundred bucks after rebate from BB, but they have all expired now and I just dont feel right paying that extra hundred bucks. Ah well if I cant find anything else- I hit compusa circuit and office depot today- ill try a computer show this weekend. Not sure where theres a gateway store near here but i will try to find one.

Tekara

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Robert
check the internet for refurbished or surplus monitors. . . I picked up my 21" sony trinitron (flatscreen) for 300$ from www.surpluscomputers.com it was from a batch of surplus monitors off a business that removed it's servers. . . barely used and is a wonderful monitor.
just make sure that if you do buy a refurb try and talk to whom your buying it from to make sure the monitor is in the best possible condition.

Stephen Orr

Screenwriter
I've purchased three MAG 17 inch flat screen CRT monitors using the various rebates BB has had available. (2 for our church, one for our house.) They've worked great, no complaints! I suggest checking them out.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks