What's new

Amazon/WM TVonDVD deals (1 Viewer)

BobO'Link

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Howie
If this is inappropriate here please move to the bargains area.

Over the past week or so Walmart has been putting items on sale with some very good "pickup discount" reductions. Amazon has been price matching most, if not all, of these, including the "pickup discount" in their delivered price. IMHO that makes Amazon the better choice as you get home delivery, but if you're going to WM anyway it's pretty much a wash.

One way to find them is use the links at WM to filter down to those discounts for pickup but it's somewhat a pain. So far, I've found most by simply trial and error - essentially I see the price drop in my Amazon cart "saved area" and make the purchase.

TIP: Select "Slow Shipping" when you place your order. That way you have a fair chance of cancelling/reordering should the price drop further - and it has on most of the items I've found. It's mostly about how much you want to play the game as those drops can be small. Otherwise, put it in your cart and monitor closely, making your purchase when something hits a price you can live with. That's a gamble as prices can jump back to "normal" just as quickly as the drop. Of the ones I've monitored, the prices seem to drop ~$1 per day in $.25-$.50 increments.

Here are some things I've recently found. The prices are current as of the time of this post:

Hammer House of Horror - Complete Series: $14.36
The Beatles Anthology: $32.85
Herculoids - Complete Series: $15.13 (This is a MOD release but it's never been cheaper) - back up to $30
That's My Boy - Complete Series: $12.76
Hot in Cleveland - Complete Series: $31.84 (This one's been going up and down. I got it for $28.77 a couple of weeks back)
Petrocelli - Complete Series: $27.44
Rawhide - Complete Series: $70.75 (another that's gone down/up/down again - it was ~$62 a couple of weeks ago)
Golden Girls - Season 3 & Season 4: $7.94 each

I'm sure there are a lot many more great deals - it's just a matter of finding them. Please post any additional ones you come across!

Last edited:

paul pisano

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
paul pisano
is wal mart going to be the only one carrying the rerelease of season one baa baa black sheep.

morasp

Supporting Actor
Real Name
steve
^I saw that this morning. I found myself thinking "Man... I wish I liked that one, that's a great price!" :D

It's not my favorite show from the 80's but I really like the music. it was one of the earlier shows to be broadcast in stereo and it has a 5.1 or 2.0 audio option on the setup menu.

I've been considering getting the Hot in Cleveland set that just dipped below $30 this morning $5.00 per season $0.23 per episode. Are you still happy with that purchase?

bmasters9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ben Masters
It's not my favorite show from the 80's but I really like the music. it was one of the earlier shows to be broadcast in stereo and it has a 5.1 or 2.0 audio option on the setup menu.

I never really saw it through when it was on NBC from 1984-89, and I'm still trying to work up the courage to really get into it on DVD (I have the all-in-one DVD).

morasp

Supporting Actor
Real Name
steve
I never really saw it through when it was on NBC from 1984-89, and I'm still trying to work up the courage to really get into it on DVD (I have the all-in-one DVD).

Wikipedia has a good article on it. Michael Mann left in the third season and Dick Wolf (Law and Order) took over and it got a little darker without as much comedy relief. I've watched part of the first season and I've enjoyed it so far.

BobO'Link

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Howie
I've been considering getting the Hot in Cleveland set that just dipped below $30 this morning $5.00 per season $0.23 per episode. Are you still happy with that purchase?
Absolutely! I paid $28.77 before sales tax ($31.22 after tax), especially considering I couldn't purchase just the last 3 seasons that cheaply.

It's on one of the newer "MegaPak" packages and the page insert is a bit small for the case. It's 4 double-sided pages with 2 overlapping discs per page. The last disc on on a hub on the back of the case. I'd have rather they used non-overlapping pages or at least put that last disc on a page rather than the case back, but, unlike my Becker Complete Series set, none of the discs were dislodged when it arrived.

Becker had 3 dislodged discs with the one on the case back receiving significant damage. It was so bad one episode will not play. I'm now awaiting a replacement but don't have much hope for better results. All the copies I looked at at WM also had that same disc dislodged and there are many complaints on Amazon of the same issue.

morasp

Supporting Actor
Real Name
steve
Absolutely! I paid $28.77 before sales tax ($31.22 after tax), especially considering I couldn't purchase just the last 3 seasons that cheaply.

It's on one of the newer "MegaPak" packages and the page insert is a bit small for the case. It's 4 double-sided pages with 2 overlapping discs per page. The last disc on on a hub on the back of the case. I'd have rather they used non-overlapping pages or at least put that last disc on a page rather than the case back, but, unlike my Becker Complete Series set, none of the discs were dislodged when it arrived.

Becker had 3 dislodged discs with the one on the case back receiving significant damage. It was so bad one episode will not play. I'm now awaiting a replacement but don't have much hope for better results. All the copies I looked at at WM also had that same disc dislodged and there are many complaints on Amazon of the same issue.

Thanks, I got it last night for $29.37 on Amazon and my cash back from the prime card will cover the sales tax. When I checked it there was a used "Like New Factory Sealed" copy for $4.00 less but I decided to just get the new one for less than a dollar per season difference. This morning it's already back up to $42.99.

BobO'Link

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Howie
Thanks, I got it last night for $29.37 on Amazon and my cash back from the prime card will cover the sales tax. When I checked it there was a used "Like New Factory Sealed" copy for $4.00 less but I decided to just get the new one for less than a dollar per season difference. This morning it's already back up to $42.99.
I've done similar for such a small price difference. If that "Like New Factory Sealed" copy arrives with damage and needs replacing there would be no replacement available. That small price difference is, IMHO, good insurance, especially for sets, like this, where the price is fluctuating and might not be quite so inexpensive should the "used" copy have issues and a new copy needs to be ordered as a replacement.

morasp

Supporting Actor
Real Name
steve
Columbo the complete series DVD $31.49 on Amazon. All 69 episodes and 24 movies.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks