Bang&Olufsen

Discussion in 'Playback Devices' started by EduardoBonifaz, Jan 8, 2004.

1. EduardoBonifaz

EduardoBonifaz Stunt Coordinator

Has any nof you guys purchased or just seen in action any of the Bang&Olufsen Tv sets or music systems?
    recently I entered one of this boutiques (just looking around), I was amazed about the expensive this products are, but didn´t see any turned on, I have see no comments about this brand lately on the forums, so i was wondering what do you think about this particular brand.

2. John Garcia

John Garcia Executive Producer

John
    I would equate them to a Fancier Bose, appealing to a slightly higher market segment. A lot of show, not a lot of "go". Lot's of engineering and style, but not the greatest sound, IMO. As an engineer, I like their designs, but as an audio nut, I would not pay what they are asking for most of their gear.

3. Grant B

Grant B Producer

More Art than engineering but still way better than Bose.
    I still have my B&O turntable I bought in high school, still sounds & works great

4. JamesCB

JamesCB Second Unit

The older B&O turntables were considered high-end, with very good reviews and happy owners. B&O are quality pieces, though more for show than accurate sound. They have a certain following.
    At the present time they are making a step into real accurate sound with their new speakers. Beolab 5