What's new

Bad Boys 2 final dvd specs (1 Viewer)

Mark Roger

Agent
DVDFile has the final specs for Bad Boys II, 2 disc SE being released on December 9th. No DTS (probably for a Superbit)and no audio commentary!

Sean Moon

Senior HTF Member
But they were kind enough to give us the best feature ever on the set! FOOL SCREEN! If I am reading this right it looks set up like the two disc mask of zorro, with a second disc just for fullscreen. UGH

Jeff Adams

Screenwriter
I guess I will be waiting for the Superbit release! I think this is such CRAP!: Why not do it right the first time?

ThomasC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thomas
WTF? This will be the first time a Michael Bay movie will be released in 4:3 on DVD.

Jon Robertson

Screenwriter
Well, this clearly is only the first DVD edition (presumably released quickly so the film can qualify for the Oscars :D).

A dollar says we'll be seeing the full 3-disc extravaganza (not forgetting a separate Superbit release, of course) sometime over the coming year. After all, this is a Bruckheimer film, and I ain't buying no release of Bad Boys II without a Michael Bay commentary.

Chad Ferguson

Supporting Actor
Would be nice if they said they planned on releasing another edition later on. They did with Black Hawk Down I think so the studio has shown it's be good to do so.

David Prior

Insider
There will not be a full frame release on the same disc as the widescreen, provided there's a full frame at all, which would be news to me. Last I head Michael kiboshed it, but who knows, maybe he changed his mind.

Undoubtedly Sony will do another release someday. But not anytime soon. Every, believe me, EVERY effort went into making this the one, definitive release. The real deal. Your bucks stop here, don't wait, get 'em while they're hot. It's been the closest I hope I ever come to the Bataan death march cramming four moths worth of production time into a month and a half, but I'm very pleased with the results and I hope you will be as well.

The reasons for the lack of commentary are: 1) Martin and Will's schedules simply wouldn't allow it. We chased them around the world during the press junket trying to fit it in and it was impossible. And 2) Michael decided against doing a solo track for reasons of his own that are still not clear to me. We spoke about it many times, he went back and forth on it, I encouraged him to do one. I even warned that fans wouldn't be happy about it. But ultimately he decided against it. As the director, I assume you'll agree that's his prerogative.

Anyway, this is the one. There's no uber-edition coming. If you liked the movie, I think you'll like the disc. Hell, even if you didn't like the movie, I hope you'll like the disc.

Cheers,

David

Jon Robertson

Screenwriter
Well, thanks for the confirmation David. I can't say I'm not disappointed at the lack of a commentary. With most new films, I couldn't care one way or the other, but Michael Bay is one of only a handful of directors - along with Peter Bogdanovich, Paul Schrader, Larry Cohen, Terry Gilliam and a couple of others - whose commentaries are invariably not only entertaining but hugely insightful and informative.

A pity, but I'll nevertheless happily pick up the December release. :)

Sean Moon

Senior HTF Member
So Dave....how about some info on the apparent lack of DTS? I am glad to hear you were involved with this disc, as my expectations are now very high for it, but I was a little taken aback to see a Michael Bay movie without DTS on it.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks