What's new

Babylon 5 Boxset BooBoo or BooHoo? (1 Viewer)

Gary Neuwirth

Stunt Coordinator
I've been watching Babylon 5 boxset and just now discovered a duplicate disc. DVD2 is really DVD4 -- it has the DVD2 label on it but the content is exactly the same as DVD4.
It is pass 30 day return to Amazon.ca and I was wondering if I am screwed or perhaps Warner Brothers will accept a return of this one dvd and send me a replacement?
I don't know who to contact and perhaps someone here can provide me a number or email to see if I can get this fixed.:frowning:
heh...who knows perhaps I'm not alone. Check your disc if you haven't already watched it.

Keith Helms

Stunt Coordinator
You're not alone. This has been reported many times. Just be thankful if you didn't get any loose and scratched discs like many of the rest of us did!

Qui-Gon John

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Co
Jeez. Is there a replacement program through Warner? I think I'm getting this for Xmas, and my wife probably bought it several weeks ago.

GrantM

Stunt Coordinator
my copy from amazon.ca had the same problem. I started the exchange process, but amazon told me their supplier was out, so all they could do was refund my money. However, I DON'T HAVE TO RETURN THE SET!!!! So I am planning on exchanging it at best buy or somewhere. So I'll end up getting it for free.
I haven't heard of Warner offering an exchange, otherwise I would take that approach first.

Philip Verdieck

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Philip Verdieck
Go to Best Buy.

I had numerous scratched discs. I went into BB, said it was a gift and I wanted to exchange. They did it.

No problem.

Michael Harris

Screenwriter
I have had no problem returning DVDs to Amazon after the 30 days. I would suggest a polite email to their customer service with your order number. That has worked for me in the past..

John Leaning

Agent
I have one of these sets with the duplicate disk. :thumbsdown:
Does anyone know of a contact at Warners where I can get a replacement?

John Leaning

Agent
I have tried the online store I bought it from, but they have politely said that it is outside the time limit for their returns policy.

Unfortunately, living outside the US I don't have the luxury of being able to just pop into a BB etc to do an exchange.

John

Tony Whalen

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony Whalen
they have politely said that it is outside the time limit for their returns policy.
Even though it would be a direct exchange to fix a KNOWN manufacturing defect? I wouldn't be doing any more business with said retailer, if it were me.

Lousy stuff John.

Joseph DeMartino

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joseph DeMartino
Try dropping Warner Bros. a line. (Sorry, just changed PCs due to a disc crash, and haven't restored all my old files, so don't have addresses handy.) They've replaced bad discs on a single disc basis for manufacturing flaws in the PAL S1 sets, so they might be willing to simply mail you a corrected disc.

Regards,

Joe

MatthewLouwrens

Senior HTF Member
They've replaced bad discs on a single disc basis for manufacturing flaws in the PAL S1 sets, so they might be willing to simply mail you a corrected disc.
Would that be the compressed images in And The Sky Full of Stars (where the 1.33 image is squashed into a 1.78 frame)? If so, is that for R4? If so, does anyone have details?

John Leaning

Agent
Try dropping Warner Bros. a line. (Sorry, just changed PCs due to a disc crash, and haven't restored all my old files, so don't have addresses handy.)
Joe, have you been able to find some contact details? I haven't been able to find contact details anywhere.
Of course I've also had no response from the MGM email address about a faulty Bond disk. Do you know if the [email protected] address is still valid?
thanks and regards,
John

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks