What's new

B&W to Replace/Update Nautilus 800 Series? (1 Viewer)

DanR

Supporting Actor
I've heard some rumblings that B&W will be replacing the Nautilis 800 series next year. It makes sense since the speakers were released in 1999. With the old Matrix 800 series, they used to refine then and call it MkII, etc.

Does anybody know any more about these rumors? Is it a full replacement with new technology or is it just an update to the existing series?

Regards,
Dan

Mark C.

Supporting Actor
My hunch is B&W thinks it's time to get its loyal customers to "re-up.''
Their doing that now with the 700 series replacing the CDM series (although I don't see a logical reason for it other than it's time to offer "new and improved"), so I wouldn't doubt that a replacement series for the Nautilus series will be showing up sometime in '04. I don't have any inside information, just an educated guess.

Marc_E

Supporting Actor
Quite honestly, as a N804/NHTM1 owner, I have NO reason to upgrade. I totally love my speakers and they are incredible. My wife even loves the sound and comments that it is perfect. Update the line all you want. I will hold on to my beautiful red cherry N804s for a long LONG time
Marc

Kenneth Harden

Screenwriter
I think the 800's are beautiful speakers.

I had the chance to buy some of the origonal 801's (the ones with the octagonal midrange enclosure, 15" woofer, 6" mid, and dome tweeter) for $1000/pr., but I didn't have the cash and they were 2,000 miles away :frowning:

Arron H

Second Unit
If they do come out with an updated/new 800 line, I will be the first in line for a discounted pair of 805s or 804s in order to have the current Nautilus line all the way around. I have 805s up front, an HTM2, and 601s for surrounds. I have no desire to upgrade to the new line, very satisfied with the existing line.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks