What's new

B&K AVR 307 compare to B&K Ref 30+7027amp(7X200) (1 Viewer)

Kenneth Ho

Auditioning
Would there be a big difeerent since both uses the same pre-amp? I know the 7027 has 200watt per which is 75watt more than 307. Though the difference of 75watt per, would there be any other noticeable differece? Sound quality wise???

Ken

Yogi

Screenwriter
At normal or even reference levels you will be hard pressed to hear any difference between the two setups, depending of course upon the resolution of the rest of your setup. The 307s internal amp is of the 125.7 calibre and only at exrreme levels you might hear some compression. IMHO for all practical purposes they will sound identical.

Bryce Miner

Stunt Coordinator
I've heard the 307 and a ref 30 with seperate amp, but it was in different rooms with different speakers. Anyway it was not in a controlled environment, so I can't help out too much. I do like the B&K sound though.

I have roughly the same question, 507 vs REF 50 and 125.7 amp.

I hear so much that you must go seperates, the soundstage is much better for music. Also the flexibility issue with pre/pro and amp vs receiver issue.

This is the quarrel I have in my mind. Which one do I get?

Yogi

Screenwriter
In the long run it would make more sense to get the separate prepro vs. a flagship recv as you will be able to replace the prepro and keep using the amp (you will be able to upgrade even the most upgradable recv only to a certain extent after which it will have to be replaced).

Albert Damico

Stunt Coordinator
Bryce: The AVR 507 IS a Reference 50 with the 125.7 amplifier integrated. I just purchased a Reference 50 and a Sherbourn 7/2100 amp that pushes 200 watts at 8 ohms and 300 at 4 ohms. It is a monoblock construction with 7 spearate power supplies, 7 seperate transformers, etc. And the whole thing, including a Reference 50, all brand new, came in several hundred dollars LESS that the AVR 507, and a LOT less than a seperate Ref 50 and seperate 125.7 amp. Now I know I have an amp that will take me anywhere I want to go!

TomD

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks