What's new

Axiom M80 TI Towers versus Veritas 2.4 (1 Viewer)

Luis M

Second Unit
I have the veritas 2.4 at close range now, I am about to release some hard earned serious cash for it. But I came across very possitive reviews about the Axiom Millenia M80 Ti Towers and I am wondering how much better the veritas could be. Common sense tells me the veritas may have a more refined-high end sound than the Axioms but I have been wrong before. The axioms seem well built but the veritas look and sound to my taste amazing and weight a lot more (if that makes any difference) I do not know much about the different technologies and drivers used on both these speakers but maybe somebody could clear that out for me.

Is it worth paying $1,000 more for the veritas? I am already reaching for my wallet here.

CurtisSC

Screenwriter
Luis,

I have heard the Axiom M60 and Veritas 2.2 side by side. Both great speakers IMO.

The Veritas 2.2 I think is very well balanced. The M60, great detail and clarity, some may think bright. Subjectively, I like the mids(horns/voices) more on the 2.2, while the detail in the M60 are very nice.

I would proabably be more partial to the 2.2.

Luis M

Second Unit
Curtis,

How about for hometheater? I've read that the veritas have more of a laid back sound compared to other speakers, that, based on a review on guide to home theater that otherwise praised the Veritas 2.4 in every other respect.

CurtisSC

Screenwriter
I did not compare them in an HT setting.

I heard a Veritas setup briefly in an HT setting....sounded good.

BrianAe

Second Unit
Luis,

Why not look at the 2.3? You can save some good money if you don't need the extra base that comes with the 2.4 (using a sub or don't listen to music with deep base). I've heard the 2.3 and they are pretty much my favorite speaker.

Luis M

Second Unit
Brian,

I am getting a great deal on the Veritas 2.4, So much so that I am getting them for less than the 2.3.

CurtisSC

Screenwriter
I know last year's 2.2 retailed for $1500 without the stands. The M60 is $800, the M80 is $1100. Can you give us a hint as to what you can get the 2.4's for?

BrianAe

Second Unit
Is this the 2.4. or the new 2.4i. My understanding is that all of the old regular Veritas line are going for 50% off or so on the street, if you can still find them.

Gerry S

Stunt Coordinator
As a 2.4 owner, I highly recommend them.

Not to put down the Axioms (I have never heard them), but I think the two speakers are in a different class. One thing I considered, without shelling out the bucks for an Axiom audition, is the weight and finish of the Veritas. I think the weight shows the quality of the cabinets and parts that make the speaker.

The imaging of the 2.4's are amazing. It is very difficult to place their location while in use. The bass and midrange are outstanding, and the highs are not over-defined. One thing that turned me off to the Axioms was that people on the forum were speaking of modding them to tune down the treble. I am a computer tweaker, but the idea of spending a bunch of money on speakers to mod them didnt seem right.

The matching center is great for dialogue. Round out the system with their versatile monopole/bipole/dipole speakers and you have a system that is great for home theater as well as multi-channel music. On their own the 2.4's are great for 2 channel music as well. That's my opinion. Let your own ears be the judge.

-Gerry

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks