What's new

Axiom M22's vs. Paradigm Studio 40's........ (1 Viewer)

ReggieW

Screenwriter
I would like to know if any of you think the Studio 40's are really worth more than twice the price of the M22's. I have been told by several members that the M22's are better than Paradigm's mini-monitor series and are sandwiched somewhere between the Studio 20/40 in performance. The 20's are 650.00/pair and the 40's are 900.00/pair compared to 400.00 for the Axiom's. I have not heard either speaker, but would have a problem paying double the price for the 40's if the differences in performance with the M22's are only very subtle at best. I would like your opinions.

Thanks,

Reg

Sebastien David

Second Unit
there is no way the M22 even approaches the Paradigm in a direct comparison in my opinion.

you might be satisfied with the Axiom, but they certainly don't compete with the Studio 40s, and aren't intended to anyways.

just my two cents...

-Seb

Fong

Stunt Coordinator
sebastien, have you heard a direct comparison between the m22s and the studio 40s, or is it just conjecture?

ReggieW

Screenwriter
I have heard from people who have had both in their setups that the difference between the two wasn't that dramatic. Yes, the Studio 40's are better they've said, but none of them went so far as to say that the Axiom couldn't approach the Paradigm in performance. Sebastian, your post kind of gives the impression that it is almost an insult to compare the two speakers, but I have heard differently from owners of both. I know the studio 40 is larger and dips lower than the M22, so I'll have a sub, but the imaging and detail on both are supposed to be outstanding from reviews I've read on both. This is the reason why I asked the question, and would like to have some specifics on why the studio 40 is that much better, if it is.

Reg

DonJ

Second Unit
I hate that, Sébastien gave Honest opinion it was the answer you were looking for so you attacked it. Go listen for your self and make a decision based on your own ears!!!:angry:

Harvey S

Grip
I have listened to both the Studio 40 and the M22ti, but not in a side by side comparison. Both sound great. The clarity and level of detail of the M22ti is as good as anything you can buy for 2x or 3x the price, including the Studio 40. The studio 40 does have a little stronger bass response, but the m22ti is very good down to 50 HZ and with a good subwoofer what difference does it make if your mains go below that ? In the end I bought the Axiom M22ti and have absolutely no regrets.

Fong

Stunt Coordinator
Go listen for your self and make a decision based on your own ears!!!
well the main reason someone starts a thread like this is because they would like to know how brand x compares to brand y. who better to say so than people who own or heard both brands? axiom being mainly an internet based company, makes it hard for people to audition their product because if you arent near any of their licenced dealers then you would have to buy the speakers in order to hear them (unless someone who has a pair of axioms and are willing to allow an audition). rather than going through the hassle of shipping the speakers back if you dont want them (or if you simply dont have that much money to waste), why not ask someone? brands like axiom, rocket, and diva, just to name a few, do not really have a place to audition their products, so you cannot simply "go listen for yourself."

ReggieW

Screenwriter
Thanks Fong,

You echoed my sentiments here.

Don,

I think you might've misread my response to Sebastien, as I was merely looking for specifics - the how's and why's. I asked the question because I am seriously considering one of these speakers, and it is near impossible to audition both of them side by side in my home. I have already stated that I thought the Studio 40's were better, but wanted to know if they were 500.00 better. His response just gave me, and obviously others, the impression that Paradigm is just better, period, with no details or examples to follow. I'm sorry, but this is just how his response appeared to ME from my own flawed human perception.

Harvey,

Thanks for your response. I am leaning more towards the M22's for now, especially since it is priced closer to my budget at the moment. I currently have a JBL NSP-1 package, so expect the M22's to be quite an upgrade.

Reg

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks