What's new

Awkward Life Moment 109,000,001.5 :) (1 Viewer)

DeathStar1

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil
Had a weird one today. A while back, I wrote about having 'blanked out memory' moments. I had one today. I started opening the door for the guy on the other side, and just stood there for a few seconds until I was realized he was waiting for me to either go in and move aside. Probably stared at him directly in the eye blankly for a few seconds as well...
Hopefully I didn't look as zoned out as I felt :)

Steve Tannehill

R.I.P - 4.28.2015
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Steve Tannehill
What does the psychiatrist have to say about this?

- Steve

DeathStar1

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil
Now now...

I was going to add it to the original 'memory lapse thread' I started a few weeks ago, but couldn't remember the exact title of it(bad joke not intended).

It was comforting to know I wasn't the only one who experiences this 'zoning out' every now and then and was going to add it to the growing list of replies in the original thread.

Rain

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rain
I'm always zoned out if I'm out walking alone.

I've been told by people that I passed them in the street and completely ignored them when they said "hello." In actual fact, I never noticed them.

There are times when I find my way home on foot but have very little recollection of the actual journey.

DeathStar1

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil
Now, this isn't exactly zoning out, but while I'm thinking about it, anyone with this problem here have any sleepwalking events as well?
For example, two recent ones this year. I have a 'too vivid to be a dream' recollection about calling a friends house around 2 AM in the morning. This one might be possible, since when I called them a few days later when I was more awake, I got a strange "Behave yourself now, OK?" remark afterwords. If I did call, and someone answered, god knows what I said in my sleep enduced behavior, heh.
The other one was a Jersey Shore incident. Walking out of the house, only to find a bunch of guys partying on a deck across the street. I said something, and went back. This one might also be possible, because I was shocked to find a party going on in the exact place I dreamt I walked to. No one seemed to react to me, however, so I think I'm safe with that one, heh.
Heh, if I did say something un-intentionally insulting, or weird, here's hoping they recognized what was happening :)...

Agee Bassett

Supporting Actor
It seems a universal trait in the human mind to narrow in on thoughts so vivid that momentarily the world seems to skip a beat before your eyes. I'm confident I'm not the only one who has donked himself into two consecutive mailboxes while out walking, right?

Right?

Jack Briggs

Senior HTF Member
Ever since I sold my last motorcycle, I've probably dreamed about bikes more than any single subject. And just two nights ago I dreamed I had a 1981 Kawasaki Eddie Lawson Replica stock racebike. It handled so well. Then I woke up, and was angry to realize it was a dream. All the next day I inadvertently growled at people, for the simple reason that I don't currently possess a motorcycle. Hate when that happens.

Keith Mickunas

Senior HTF Member
I find I zone out on a regular basis, unfortunately mostly when I'm driving home from work or someplace else I know well. I've never had any kind of incident though, never ran a light, hit someone, near miss, etc. Its as if I'm focused on the road and my own thoughts, but I'll realize I completely missed a certain song, or get home and realize I don't recall much of the drive.

Dave Poehlman

Senior HTF Member
I once got a new job, closer to my home than the previous job that was on the other side of town.
One morning, driving to work I realized I had driven about 90% of the way to my old job! Without even thinking about it! I turned around and went to my new job (it was my 3rd day, or so) and I made up some excuse for being late.. I couldn't tell them "uh yeah.. I drove to the wrong job".

Bob McLaughlin

Screenwriter
Real Name
Bob
I used to deliver a morning paper route as a teenager, and many mornings I finished and could not recall delivering most of the papers. That's what happens when you wake up at 5:00 a.m.!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrharris
Recent bookmarks