What's new

AVR hook up quesion (1 Viewer)

BrandonB

Agent
I have recently purchased an HK AVR-320, and have a question regarding the installation of it.

OK, I am going to be hooking up coaxil cable, RCA 440 satellite receiver, Toshiba Progressive Scan DVD, and a Stereo Hi-Fi VCR to a Toshiba 55" HDTV. I know the receiver cannot convert one technology into another (ie, if component in, needs component out), but am I going to need to have the same number of outputs as inputs? For example, the satellite will be connected via S-video cable and two RCAs for audio into the 320, and then into the TV. The VCR will also have a set of audio RCAs into the 320. Will I need an additional set of RCAs going to the TV, or will the first set suffice? After I hook the receiver up to my TV, will I have to change inputs on my TV? Or will I keep the settings on one input for all other devices via the 320? As you can see, I am very new to this. I'm just trying to get my head around this before I start playing with it.

Thanks for any assistance you offer.

Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
Brandon,

First, welcome to the Forum!

These are all basic questions that should be addressed in the 320’s manual. Did you look at it yet?

If the manual is confusing, you will probably find enough information at this link to answer all your questions. If not, get back to us here.

Regards,
Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks