What's new

AVR-330 compared to AVR-525? (1 Viewer)

Brian Pokosh

Agent
Does anyone know of a good comparison chart to easily see the differences between these different models. I know the 525 is an older model, but what are the main differences between these aside from power?

GregorySB

Grip
Here are a couple of differences off the top of my head:

The 525 allows for bass management of the 7.1 analog input. The 330 does not.

The 525 has a triple bass crossover (front, center, surrounds) where the 330 has quadruple crossover (front, center, l/r surrounds, back surrounds).

Brian Pokosh

Agent
How does the 525 compare to the Denon 3803? The Denon is about $80 more for a refurb, but I like the much wider selection of inputs and the up-conversion to component. The one thing I think I'd miss from the 525 is the Logic 7, but I'm not really clear on how that works. Is it just used to create 7 channels from a stereo or DPL source? Does the Denon not have anything like it?

ChrisLazarko

Supporting Actor
Lexicon which is a subsidary of Harman/Kardon created the Logic7 and they are the only to use it and probably will be the only to ever use it. It basically creates a 7 channel source from any 2 channel signal.

Some people say it sounds better than DPLII and I am one of those people who prefer Logic7 over Dolby PLII.

Everyone will have there own view of how it sounds and wether they like it or not..

As for Denon, they just use DPLII and DTS:NEO6 I believe...

HK as far as I know is the only one who has something unique like Logic7.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks