What's new

AV TV Channel - HELP! (1 Viewer)

Paddy

Auditioning
Hello,
I am a beginner.
I have a 34" Philips TV and am getting a SC-DM3 home theatre at the end of the year.
I have two AV channels on my TV, and when I put them on, the Channel number actually stays there in the left-hand top corner of the screen (AV1 or AV2). I push the OSD button it still doesn't go away- it just stays there. Would I use either of these channels when using S-video? I don't mind the black bars, but I don't want the channel number in the corner of the screen all the time.
Thank You very much
Paddy.

Ted Lee

Senior HTF Member
hi paddy -

i'm not sure what you mean by "two AV channels". do you mean the auxiliary inputs (video 1 / video 2). if so, then you are inputting a signal from some other components (vcr? dvd? cable box?)

if that is the case, then the channel number you see is coming from that component...not the tv. which OSD button are you pushing? the tv's?

in either case, if you end up running s-video from the sc-dm3 (which i assume is a home theater in a box type setup) then you will utilize one of those "av channels".

hope that helps a little...let us know what you mean by "av channels" and how things are currently wired. that will help to solve the problem.

btw - you are correct that you don't want that channel on all the time. over an extended period of time that could cause burn-in on your screen.

Juan Castillo

Second Unit
More than likely, you don't anything hooked up to either of the two inputs. That is why it does not go away. Once a device is connected to either device, and turned on, the signal it passes to the TV should override the internal mechanism that tells the TV to display the channel. At least that is all i can think of.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks