What's new

Authorized dealer for Pioneer Elite? (1 Viewer)

Dalton

Screenwriter
Real Name
Dalton
Does anyone know if Soundpros is an authorized Pioneer dealer? They have the DV47A progressive scan/dvd-a/sacd player there for $750. My local tweeter will price match if they are. If they are not an authorized dealer does anyone know a dealer with a similar low price that is Pioneer authorized? I appreciate any help. Thanks and take care.

Dalton

Dzung Pham

Second Unit
They are not authorized but will honor the warranty only through their store.

You might want to check onecall.com or jandr.com.

KeithH

Senior HTF Member
Dalton, as Dzung said, Sound Pros is not an authorized Pioneer dealer. They are legit, as I ordered from them once, and the item arrived promptly in perfect condition. I like to order from authorized dealers whenever possible and only bought from Sound Pros because no one else had what I was looking for. In any event, if I were in the market for a '47A, I would go through an authorized dealer. J&R Music World (1-800-221-8180) has it for $800. You will get the Pioneer warranty through J&R, plus a 30-day money-back guarantee.

Bill Lucas

Supporting Actor
Pioneer has not signed up any dealers under the Elite brand for online sales. Brick and mortar only. Good luck.

KeithH

Senior HTF Member
Bill, that's what I always thought, but I have come across a couple authorized Elite dealers that sell by mail. You can't order online, but you can order over the phone. I bought an Elite PD-65 CD player by mail from JS Audio in Bethesda, MD in November 2000, and they are an authorized Elite dealer. In addition, J&R is selling the '47A by mail, though I had never heard of them selling Elite products by mail before.

Micahel C

Stunt Coordinator
J&R is selling the '47A by mail, though I had never heard of them selling Elite products by mail before.
Probably to make up for the losses they had with all the Apex 7701's that were returned. LOL!

Seriously though, I wondered about that myself. I called OneCall and they told me "in person" sales only on all Elite product.

Matt Malto

Stunt Coordinator
About Soundpros, I had a Pioneer Elite receiver that died and they replaced it with zero hassle. They are top notch.

KeithH

Senior HTF Member
Matt, glad to hear that you had no problems with Sound Pros. As I said, I bought from them once, and the transaction went smoothly. I just feel better ordering from authorized dealers. However, one can't deny that they have very competitive prices.

I just remembered the first time I called Sound Pros about the price of an item. It was a couple of years ago. I wasn't overly familiar with their operation, so I asked the salesman if they were an authorized dealer, and he said no. Being new to the audio game, I then asked where they got their merchandise (direct from the manufacturer, through distributors, etc.). The salesperson seemed uncomfortable with my request, and he said, "We get things...", and he quickly trailed off. That has always stuck with me.

BobRoulier

Second Unit
I was told by an authorized Pioneer elite dealer that Pioneer protects them by not allowing sales on the internet so the dealers cant be undersold, Mirage does the same thing its hard to find their speakers under retail and other companys do the same. But that dosent mean you cant buy from online vendors, I ordered from soundpros last week a 49tx for $2550 shipped to mass. I talked with the owner for almost a half an hour before we realized it, very accomidating been in buisness since 1978 and when you talk with those folks you know why. if you get a bad product they will send you a new one questions asked for the two year warrenty. I bet you would have better result with them than pioneers customer service. If a unit breaks in 3 months youll have to have it fixed by an authorized repair shop from sound pros they will send you a new one, cant beat that!:D
anyways good luck Bob

Bill Lucas

Supporting Actor
Keith,

I used to be the lead installer for JS Audio so I'm aware of their practices. They still aren't supposed to tranship and they know it. The only way they should make the sale over the phone and ship is if a) you don't have an authorized dealer in your area and/or b) you have previously visited their location. Regards.

Stan T

Stunt Coordinator
I get all of my Pioneer Elite equipment through Soundpros.com I've bought one Elite receiver & 2 Elite DVD players from them over a 2 year period. You can't beat their prices or service.

I only live about 15 minutes away from them so I pick my Elite equipment from them. I know Scott & Gary really good. They drive up to Long Beach to get the Pioneer Elite equipment from Pioneer themselves. They are 100% legit.

Before I started ordering from them I checked with Scott & he said that Pioneer will honor their warranty when you order from them. You won't find a better customer service than them. I wouldn't consider ordering from anyone else.

KeithH

Senior HTF Member
Bill, a lot of dealers say that they won't ship certain brands unless there is no dealer in your area. I see dealers say that with regards to Arcam products, for example. When I called JS Audio in November 2000 about the PD-65, they never asked if I had a Pioneer Elite dealer in my area. I lived in New Jersey at the time, and there were plenty of Pioneer Elite dealers around me. However, none of them had the PD-65, and many of them said it had been discontinued. A salesman at JS Audio said that they did not have the PD-65, but he was almost certain that Pioneer still had it in inventory. He put me on hold for a few minutes while he called out to Pioneer in California. It turned out that Pioneer still had the PD-65, so JS Audio got one for me. I can see how JS Audio may not have played by the rules, but they provided me excellent customer service.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks