What's new

Aussie TV Shows, that actually do have DVDs of them! (1 Viewer)

JamesTaylor

Stunt Coordinator
This is a message to the people who alter the release information of TV shows, because certain Australian TV shows have DVDs of them, but you guys haven't listed them down. If you need references, go to websites like www.ezydvd.com.au or www.sanity.com.au . I have a list, yet it's not complete, so maybe Kieran can help me out, considering he's an Aussie, and owns many Australian TV Shows On DVD. Here's the beginning of the list -
McLeod's Daughters- Complete Series 1,2, and 3
The Secret Life Of Us - Complete Series 1,2, and 3
Seachange - Complete Series 1,2, and 3
Round the Twist - not sure
All Saints- Complete Series 1, Part1, AND Part 2
Comedy Inc.- Best Of
The Michallef Program- Complete Series
There's tons more, so the list is definitely not complete, and there's also some kids stuff in there, like The Saddle Club, etc.
-James

Bob Hug

Screenwriter
Add WATER RATS to the list. I know this has had an Australian DVD release but no US DVD release. One of the local Public Broadcasting Channels in my area has been broadcasting this well done police series that's set on the Sydney Harbor. Colin Friels, Catherine McClements and the rest of the cast are all excellent. I doubt that this will see a US DVD release, but one can hope.

Interestingly, there are some episodes of Australia's very first television series, THE ADVENTURES OF LONG JOHN SILVER, that are available in the US, but these are all on DVDs from public domain releasing companies and the quality is so-so at best. Platinum Disc Corporation has released 13 (of 26) episodes that were produced on a 2-DVD set.

Kevin M

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kevin Ray
Well, Prisoner: Cell Block H is out on DVD....in a 3 disc "best of" set, not the best way to appreciate a serialized adult soap.

Anyone remember The Paul Hogan Show(1973-1984)? It was pretty low brow and was only limitedly aired in the states after the success of Benny Hill in the late 70's & early 80's.

Todd Stout

Screenwriter

I certainly do. I watched it regularly back in the summer of '82 on KHJ (now KCAL) 9 here in L.A. The last time I ever saw it was the day before I started 7th grade. I never saw it again after that.

The episode that I remember the most had a skit with Benny Hill that was called Benny Five-O. Benny Hill wearing a Jack Lord wig was quite funny to me as a 12 year old. I'd love to see that show again and see how it holds up afer all these years.

nikkif99uk

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Nikki Fineing
I need to buy Kick - Complete Series and Tripping Over - Complete Series as they not looking to get a US or UK release anytime soon.

The Shiralee is getting a release wasn't that Australian

Ron Lee Green

Screenwriter

You're right. In the USA, they're are 2 "Best of" volumes of Prisoner: Cell Block H. However, the whole series (not just a best of) has been released in Australia from beginning to end. I don't think the show will ever be released in its entirety in America, so I imported the first 15 volumes from overseas retailers. I was introduced to the show when the first few years were syndicated in the US in the early '80s, but not the later years. The discs are PAL format, but i believe they're region free because they play on my computer. Also my dvd player plays different formats. The show is very addicting, but I doubt they'll release the entire series in America because I don't think there is a big enough fan base.

P.S. I didn't realize when I quoted the other poster that his post is 4 years old, so some of the information is old.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks